First meeting for 2010 - Page 7 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > Local Chapters > ArkLaTex
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
ArkLaTex Arkansas, Louisiana, NE Texas

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 01:32 AM   #61 (permalink)

Photos: 0

I, for one, had a great time and learned quite a bit. If nothing else, as a beginner, it was great having more experienced brains on hand to pick. Thanks for putting this together, and I look forward to doing it again.
micah1_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-07-2010, 08:11 AM   #62 (permalink)

I hope everyone had a good time,I know i did. Several people had other commitments and could not stay all day but we were glad to see everyone no matter how long they were here.This was our largest group yet and had four states represented.We had people from Oklahoma driving over an hour, Texans from as far as Dallas, People from Bossier city,La., and people out of Arkansas from as far away as Morrilton. It was really nice to put a face to several IAP members that I only knew from reading their posts. I would like to say a special thank you to everyone that donated to the door prizes. Everyone was so generous that the only people that left without a door prize were the ones that left before the drawing and they would have had one too since we enough that several people got two prizes.
traderdon55 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-07-2010, 12:29 PM   #63 (permalink)

Photos: 1

I had a great time, and I want to send out a special thanks to Mac and Don for sticking around and helping me with a special first pen that I had been having troubles with. I turned the wood 2 times at my house with blow ups each time, and then another blow up at Don's place, but we got it all together on try #4. That darn black walnut was just sooooooo dry. Even #4 had it's own problems, but it is a special pen so all is good.

This pen was a really special one due to the fact that my grandfather, who introduced me into woodworking passed away a year and a half ago now. He was creamated, and his urn was made of this piece of wood. So I thought it fitting, to make a pen out of the same wood. The problem was that it was really really really dry, and kept blowing up on me. Even after we got all finished with the pen, and pressed it together, it cracked, as you can see in the first picture on the cap end. I want to send a thanks out to Mac and Don though, as it would have not been possible for me to get it done by myself.

Here she is:

McBryde is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2010, 02:22 PM   #64 (permalink)

Don, I had a great time was glad to get out again and met some new people. The demos were very good sorry that I had to leave before Roger got done. Thanks for hosting a great meeting.
leslie hines is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-10-2010, 07:41 PM   #65 (permalink)

Photos: 38

Well, I guessed I missed out on a lot of fun and hospitality. I'll try not to get sick before the next meeting. Betty (SWMBO) had a great time and enjoyed meeting many of you.

Patiently waiting for the next one.

"I found out there wern't too many limitations, if I did it my way." [Johnny Cash]

2nd Place - 2011 Edible Pen Contest
Ranger (2001 -2011) Our Beloved Shelty
John Carlisle 71112
www.jcwoodpens.com

Last edited by Rangertrek; 03-17-2010 at 06:20 PM. Reason: spelling
Rangertrek is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads