First meeting for 2010 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > Local Chapters > ArkLaTex
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
ArkLaTex Arkansas, Louisiana, NE Texas

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 12:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mac

Photos: 39

Default First meeting for 2010

Tenatavely set for 1st Saturaday in march, as discused at our last meeting.
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-18-2010, 04:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 1

What time will it be?
McBryde is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-19-2010, 08:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBryde View Post
What time will it be?
We normally start about 10:00a.m. and have a pot luck lunch. Details will be posted closer to time for the meeting. If you have any questions or suggestions for demos feel free to post them here or send me a e-mail.
traderdon55 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2010, 12:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Mac

Are we having pot luck or hot dogs, if hot dogs, I might bring some of grandma's famous homemade hot dog chilli.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

Photos: 38

Where is the meeting going to be held? If at all possible, I will try to attend.

"I found out there wern't too many limitations, if I did it my way." [Johnny Cash]

2nd Place - 2011 Edible Pen Contest
Ranger (2001 -2011) Our Beloved Shelty
John Carlisle 71112
www.jcwoodpens.com
Rangertrek is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-25-2010, 07:37 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangertrek View Post
Where is the meeting going to be held? If at all possible, I will try to attend.
The plans as of now are to have it at my shop in New Boston. I will send you directions or if you prefer you can go to Macs house and ride with him since you already have been there. As nice as your work looks it would be great if you would do a demo for us. I look forward to seeing you here. Anyone else that is planning on coming that I do not have your e-mail address please e-mail it to me so that I can include you when I send out directions the week before the meeting.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

Hey im a highschooler that lives in Conway, Arkansas. My dad has gotten interested in all this because i have showed him stuff and so we might come to the meeting if we are free that day. We have passed through New Boston on our way to Dallas many times! Is it a come whenever you can or is there a set start time?

Probably in my garage turning, out on the golf course, or watching football (soccer)!
theHullTurn is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-28-2010, 10:25 AM   #8 (permalink)

Nathan,we would be glad for you and your dad to drop by anytime. We try to start around ten but everyone is welcome to come and go as they please. If you decide to come e-mail me your e-mail address so I can put you on the list to send out directions the week before the meeting.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:39 AM   #9 (permalink)

Less than 3 weeks to go. I have recieved several pm's and it looks like we may have the biggest group yet at this meeting. So far on the agenda we are planning a show and tell, so we would like everyone to bring some of your latest work. The show & tell is not limited to just pens,bring anything you have done recently. We are also planning a swap & sell. If you have tools you don't use,extra wood,antlers,or anything else you think anyone might be interested in feel free to bring it to sell or to trade for something you might need. As far as demos,Mac and I are prepared to do whatever demos everyone would like to see.So far the only request we have is a finishing demo by a couple of our newest members. Let us know what you want to see so that we can get prepared. It would be nice if we could get some volunteers to step up to the plate and demo what you are doing. Last meeting Delbert & John stepped up to demo working with deer antler a making a bracelet helper. Everyone enjoyed their demos so much that I ended up doing a group buy on the bracelet helpers. Please consider doing a demo, you never know what you are doing that might really catch everyones interest. As in the past we are doing a pot luck lunch. It would be nice if everyone posted what they are bringing so there is not a lot of duplication. I am planning to smoke some bbq chicken and will have tea & coffee available. Everyone that has given me their e-mail address will be sent directions the week just before the meeting,so if you want to attend and have not sent me your e-mail addrees please do so soon. If anyone wants to do a demo or has any questions please post here or feel free to send me an e-mail as I am usually on here every morning. I look foward to seeing everyone here Saturday,March 6th around 10:00 a.m.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Mac

If you would like to see a certain demo please post.
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads