Is there any interest in...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rstought

Passed Away Nov 11, 2016
In Memoriam
...a box of blanks and/or some sharpening jigs?

I have been doing some more cleaning around the shop (no turning, unfortunately, just cleaning...) and have come up with some things I don't need anymore. Before I offered them for sale to the general membership, I thought I might post them here and see if anyone from the Carolinas group might be interested (and interested in saving on the shipping costs...<grin>).

1. A Medium flat-rate box of blanks - 98 blanks in total, all at least ¾" but many larger (7/8" or 1"). All were purchased (I'm not trying to resell anyone's freebies…) either from members here, or commercially from eBay or retailers like Arizona Silhouette, AncientWoods, etc. Here is what the lot contains:

Non-stabilized

2 Amboyna Burl
6 Ancient Kauri (with certificates)
2 Birdseye Desert Ironwood
4 Bloodwood
3 Blue Mahoe
3 Bocote (highly figured)
5 Bocote (nicely figured
2 Bois de Rose
1 Bolivian Rosewood
1 Cocobolo (Panamanian)
2 Cocobolo (from parts unknown)
2 Desert Ironwood
6 Dymondwood
9 Ebony
2 Holly
1 Kingwood
5 Koa
3 Lignum Vitae
1 Macassar Ebony
9 Mango (spalted)
5 Mangrove (driftwood – one has the elusive blue coloring)
5 Maple (spalted)
1 Mopani
1 Osage Orange
2 Padauk
1 Walnut (figured)
2 Zebrawood
1 Ziricote

Stabilized

2 Curly Maple (purple
3 Curly Spalted Mango (gold)
2 Dakota Burl
3 Maple Burl (blue)
1 Maple Burl (purple)

At this point I am not interested in selling them individually - I'd like to get $100 for the whole lot.

2. Sharpening jigs - I have a Oneway Wolverine grinding jig and a Vari-Grind (for bowl gouges - this is the "older" style, not the Vari-Grind 2). The latest CSUSA catalog lists the two items at around $139 -I figure $75 for the pair would be fair. I would consider selling them separately if someone was interested in one or the other...

I'll be bringing them along to the meeting tomorrow, just in case...see you all then!

Top Bottom