Question for those who do shows in SC

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Carl Fisher

Are you registered as a retailer or business or just a hobby with a dba when you do shows?

Do you collect tax separately and do they collect tax at the end of the show or do you just file it at tax time?

After reading the tax thread in the marketing forum, I'm more confused than ever. We are not a registered legal business and last year just claimed hobby expenses/income on our taxes. Obviously I need to get an accountant, but until we start making a little money, there are no funds for an accountant. Catch 22 really I guess.

hewunch

SC has an "artist" designation. That is what I signed up as. This allows you to have multiple sales locations (ie shows in different places) without having to set up an account for each one. I collect sales tax and send it in yearly. But you have to apply to be a yearly person. At first you should send it in monthly. DOR has people that will look for business lic. at shows. So get one and keep it current if you plan on selling in SC.

Carl Fisher

For internet sales I assume it's the same as other business where you don't have to collect sales tax for out of state sales?

Top Bottom