Places to get pen blanks between Charlotte NC & Clemson SC?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hdtran

I'm traveling to Clemson SC: Flying to Charlotte NC, then, driving to Clemson & back.

Any interesting local stores to get blanks?

Thanks!

hdt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

parawood

Idea

I'm traveling to Clemson SC: Flying to Charlotte NC, then, driving to Clemson & back.

Any interesting local stores to get blanks?

Thanks!

hdt

Not aware of stores down there but it would be nice to see the expression on TSA's faces when you walk up carrying a chainsaw:beat-up:

Karl

Russianwolf

several members down near Clemson I know, not sure of stores other than a Woodcraft in Charlotte. But if you've seen one overproced Woodcraft, you've seen them all. :wink:

hewunch

When are you coming? There is a woodcraft on woodruff rd in Greenville. There is a klingsphor in Charlotte. And the turning blanks guys are about 1 hr south in hodges. If you are coming when I am around I would be happy to introduce you. Their shop is off the beaten path.

Papo

get-attachment.aspx

Lets try this

Papo

Sorry Guys....

Lets try this again....

Franklin Wood Warehouse
511 East Main street
Franklin, NC (828)369-3913

Your source for top quality Lumbers and Plywood
Domectic and Exotic Lumber for cabinetry and crafts
Exotic turning stocks and Exotic Pen Blanks

Hours 7:30am-4:30pm
They are located off of Main street
Just pass the Hot Spot
Turn right at Franklin Wood Warehouse sign and come around back
See Buddy or Scott.
I believe they do not do mail orders so you need to go there in person

patharris

Local Chapter Leader
If you drive to Columbia from Charlotte (about and hour down on I-77 there are two great local stores that carry a wide varitey of blanks and also one does a lot of custom casting. Then you could go to Clemson from Columbia in a about 2.5 hours. Let me know if interested and I will give you the names and directions to the the two stores that are only a few blocks from each other. One is the Host of Our Carolina Penturners Club.
Pat

hdtran

Flying in to Charlotte Thurs. 1/27. Visiting some colleagues at UNC Charlotte and giving a talk there, then, driving late (prob starting 10pm) to Clemson. Working at Clemson pretty much all day Friday 1/28. The meeting winds down after lunch on Sat. 1/29, so I feel fairly good about bailing on them (Clemson meeting) no later than 4pm. I have a tentative date with a student at UNCC to provide them with some detailed guidance on their work Sat. evening (consulting for pizza). I fly out Sun. morning, so I was thinking someplace that would be open Saturday late afternoon.

My geography is hazy. Is Greenville between Charlotte & Clemson? Sounds like Columbia is on a triangle-sort of direction from Clemson/Charlotte area?

I am supposed to go to Clemson on a regular basis (2-3x/year) for these meetings. I haven't quite decided whether it's better to fly to Atlanta and drive, or fly to Charlotte and drive... (Although I hear that Southwest is going to be flying into SC later this year). As long as the airport that I fly to doesn't have a shuttle to Clemson, I'm allowed to rent a car.

Wow, guys, thanks so much for the warm welcome & friendly advice!

robert3

Greenville is between Charlotte and Clemson and it is a shorter distance from Charlotte then from Atlanta.Columbia is about a 2 hour drive from Clemson. I think the Woodcraft store in Greenville is your best bet. There are great people working there. I always have good time when i go there and wood selection is great too.Let me know if you want to stop by and look at what i have for sale. I have a huge selection of pen blanks from Cocobolo to Australian Burls(to many to list all of them. PM me if intersted.

Robert

hdtran

Greenville is between Charlotte and Clemson and it is a shorter distance from Charlotte then from Atlanta.Columbia is about a 2 hour drive from Clemson. I think the Woodcraft store in Greenville is your best bet. There are great people working there. I always have good time when i go there and wood selection is great too.Let me know if you want to stop by and look at what i have for sale. I have a huge selection of pen blanks from Cocobolo to Australian Burls(to many to list all of them. PM me if intersted.

Robert

I had a great visit with Robert outside of Greenville, and bought a bunch of his extra blanks. Thank you so very much for your hospitality, Robert! When I'm going to Clemson again, I'd love to stop by again!

Top Bottom