November Meeting - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners  
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > Local Chapters > Carolina
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2011, 09:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Default November Meeting

The cool weather is finally upon us, I would like to thank Terry Daw, John Wilson and Dick Steed for volunteering to demonstrate pen turning and wood turning at the state fair. We had a good time with the woodworkers and sharing information about out craft to the public.

Our November meeting will be at Mann Tool at the normal time of 1:00 to 2:30 on November 5th. Hans will be doing the demonstration on the art of decoupage, donít miss this it is sure to be interesting.

Tom Damour
President
Old 11-05-2011, 09:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Thank you Hans for another good demonstration, it got me thinking about what I can use to make my next pen. Speaking about making pens, Our next meeting is going to be on December 10th. I don’t know what the program will be yet but I do want to let you know we will have a Christmas Pen Exchange. So turn a pen bring it to the meeting and we will have a drawing to exchange with another member.

See you December 10th at Mann Tool
Old 11-06-2011, 10:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 8

We've already got a jump on some decopage pens for the kids. Pokemon wrapped tubes for some slimlines.

Figured if we were going to try it for a first time, why not go cheap and fun :)

Oh, and do you need to know a final number for the exchange, or are we just going to wing it and if there is an odd number of participants we'll just have to figure it out?
Old 11-06-2011, 10:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Photos: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Fisher View Post
We've already got a jump on some decopage pens for the kids. Pokemon wrapped tubes for some slimlines.

Figured if we were going to try it for a first time, why not go cheap and fun :)

Oh, and do you need to know a final number for the exchange, or are we just going to wing it and if there is an odd number of participants we'll just have to figure it out?
Yeah, can't wait to see them

If we go with my style of exchange it will not matter if we have an odd number.

hewunch is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-07-2011, 10:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

Photos: 8

Agreed. 1 -> 2, 2 -> 3, etc...

I believe Chrissy is going to participate in this one as well since she missed out on the Holiday PITH.