March 3, 2012 Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tom D

Hi All,

Don't forget to mark your calendar to attend the Carolina Pen Club meeting March 3, 2012. I will be talking about taking photos of pens. I will have my home made light box, flood lights, and tripods. Bring your cameras and let us know how you take your photos. My intentions are that it will be a demonstration/workshop.

Hope to see you all at Mann Tool at 1:00pm on March 3, 2012

Thomas Damour
3523 Fox Hall Rd
Columbia, SC 29204
Carolina Pen Club President

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Carl Fisher

That was one of the sessions I was hoping to catch too. Oh well.

My next vote for a topic would be closed end OR custom home made clips.

Brooks803

Well I finally got my camera setup. Here's what I ended up with tonight. Overall I'm happy, but I need to do more trial and error to see what works best.

Here's one pic from the meeting:

DSC00542 (689x700).jpg

Here's two from tonight:

DSC00554 (613x700).jpg DSC00556 (593x700).jpg

Carl Fisher

The picture from the meeting looks over exposed (at least on my monitor which I've tried to calibrate reasonably well) which is an issue I have a lot with reds and oranges like that.

What have you been doing as far as camera setup? I've started leaving my camera in aperture priority on 8.0 (highest it will go) and letting it auto select the shutter speed. Mounted on a tripod with 2 cool temp flourescent lights shining into a home made light box. Macro mode and 2-second delay so it's not shaking from me pressing the button.

Brooks803

It's definitely overexposed. I was mainly trying to get the focus/depth of field right. For the pictures I just did I set the aperture to 4.5 and used my tripod. No lights though. The ones I have I don't like the effect it gives off. Still trying new things.

Top Bottom