Jonathan & Shea big hits at FEB Mtg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

patharris

Local Chapter Leader
Hi all, our February meeting was a big hit with several new guest and more memberships. Since setting our dues we have 20 paid members. What a great start in this new year. Hans kicked it off in January with his closed end pen demo and this past Saturday Jonathan and Shea were outstnding in their demo of turning an acrylic high end pen and we were all privildeged to the beautiful "violet storm" and lush green pen blanks they had cast and brought to show us. Shea and Jonathon are enganged and have only been turning for a few months after visting Carolina Penturners followed by taking an acrylic pen making class by Hans Wunch andnow. . . .Look at them Go! Great Job guys and were be looking for lots more good stuff from you.
Pat
:worship:

Brooks803

No pictures didn't happen!:question:​

Thanks Pat, Shea and I had a fun time. Hopefully we were able to give some good info and shed some light to our fellow newbies :). I sent you a PM about this but I'll touch on some here also so others can give their feedback. Alot of the members said that they would love to have a demo on home casting of blanks. Brannon mentioned that Bruce agreed to help with this but it would later in the year. If you need to fill a spot anytime soon Shea and I would be able to step in and go over how we cast our blanks. The buzz in the room was very high and several were taking notes on the stuff I breifly went over. I don't think having two of the same demos on such an interested subject would take away from either demonstrator. Anyhow let me know what you think. Here are some pics of our blanks and two sierras made from them.

Attachments

• 100_4869.jpg
    100_4869.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 203
  • 100_4854.jpg
    100_4854.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 213
  • 100_4799.jpg
    100_4799.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 218
  • 100_4797.jpg
    100_4797.jpg