Hello from Fort Mill, SC

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Carl Fisher

Just stopping in to say hi and introduce myself.

After the wood working show in Charlotte a few months ago, both of my boys Ryan (9) and Justin (7) loved turning pens in the Craft Supplies USA booth. We had to go back to the show a 2nd day just so they could get lathe time that they missed out on the first day.

I've already been putting together a respectable shared workspace in the garage. Between my stationary tools, bicycles and the wife's car, the new addition will be a Jet 1014 that I'm picking up this Thursday and planning to give them for their birthday with all the fixin's for turning pens.

So this is my official howdy to all.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JeffT

Welcome! You'll find lots of good information both from members and in the library. Make sure you post pictures of what you and your boys are doing. The notorious line around here is "No picture... Did not happen!".

Glad to have you join the fun!

Tom D

Welcom Carl, it's good to have some more pen turners in South Carolina. I would like to invite you to the Carolina pen Club. We normally meet at Mann Tool in Columbia SC on the first Saturday of the month from 1:00 to 2:30. Due to the first weekend in July being a holiday the meeting will be on the 9th. Directions to Mann Tool:
Mann Tools web site is www.manntools.com
Directions:

Chris Drive is the frontage road on the east side of I-26 between Highway 378 and Highway 1.
From I-26 Westbound - Take exit 110 (Highway 378). Right on Highway 378. Right at first traffic light onto Chris Drive. Appr. 6/10 mile on left.
From I-26 Eastbound - Take exit 110 (highway 378). Left onto 378. Right at first traffic light onto Chris Drive. Appr. 6/10 mile on left.
Hope to see you there

Tom Damour
President, Carolina Pen Turners

Carl Fisher

Thanks for the warm welcome all and thanks for the info Tom. Can't make it this week on short notice, but perhaps next month.

Just wanted to share a shot of each of the kids doing their first pens from the wood show.

TurningJustin%20%28Small%29.jpg

TurningRyan%20%28Small%29.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom