August 7th - Super Special Guest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

We are very pleased to have Constant Laubscher with us at our next meeting August 7th at 1pm.
As many of you know, Constant has many great laser inlay kits and very nice stablized wood products. You can see Constant's full line up at www.lazerlinez.com.
Constant is currently lives in the Atlanta Metro area with his lovely family and we are truly fortunate to have him come to our meeting.

You will want to bring some money with you to this meeting as we will have special members only price this day only.

We will meet at our usual place, Woodzone in W. Columbia, SC. You can find out info on Woodzone here. http://www.woodzone.com

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tom D

That was a great meeting, with Constant showing and describing his great lazered blanks and Hans turning one to show us what to look out for. I have already put the two I purchased together.
Thanks agin

It was a great meeting on Saturday and I really enjoyed it.
Thanks to Woodzone for hosting the event.
Thanks for inviting me and meeting some great folks. It was great to put some faces to the people I have been doing business for a while now.

Keep up the good work.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
A day late and a dollar short, literally. I just passed through there on I-20 Sunday morning on my way home. Wish I could have made it.

Brooks803

Thanks again Constant for making yourself available! I really enjoyed and appreciate all your hard work! Hans, thanks for helping set everything up and for showing everyone a solid method for turning Constant's blanks. Monty...you did get a HEAVY plug. Sorry you missed it, would have been awesome to meet you!

patharris

Local Chapter Leader
We had a GREAT Carolina Penturner's meeting on Aug 7th. I haven't stopped thinking about all the tips and techniques that Constant Laubscher shared with us. and what a treat to have him with us! Constant shared a little about himself and how he started his business. He explained the process he used in producing his beautiful laser cut pen inlays along with how he stablizes and colors the wood he uses. We learned his method for CA finishes and tips on turning his laser inlay kits
Additinally Hans demonstrated using the eagle inlay kit how to put it togather, mount it on the mandrel, and apply a CA finish.
Our "Show N' Tell" was also most informative as Johnathan & Shea Brooks shared some of their new pen blank casting creations (which had folks waiting in a line to buy them) and a couple of gorgious custom pens they had modified. Hans Wunch also presented several of his new pen creations and explained some modifications he had made to make his pens a little more special.
We had lots of door prises from WoodZone Constant and Bob, one new member and eight guest. Member, Bob Stroughton from Charlotte.NC came bearing more give-a-ways for our club and has started our Library with a gift of four Pencrafting DVD's. Below are a few pictures taken at this meeting. And DON'T FORGET... our next meeting is the 1st Saturday in September the 4th and it is my birthday, so please plan to come and celebrate it with me.
Pat Harris
President

Attachments

• Aug 2102 Carolina Pen Club meeting.jpg
    Aug 2102 Carolina Pen Club meeting.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 206
  • Constant Laubschuer.jpg
    Constant Laubschuer.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 207
  • Hans Wunch turning inlay pen kit.jpg
    Hans Wunch turning inlay pen kit.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 219