International Association of Penturners  
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > Local Chapters > Carolina
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2010, 11:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 3

Default August 7th - Super Special Guest

We are very pleased to have Constant Laubscher with us at our next meeting August 7th at 1pm.
As many of you know, Constant has many great laser inlay kits and very nice stablized wood products. You can see Constant's full line up at www.lazerlinez.com.
Constant is currently lives in the Atlanta Metro area with his lovely family and we are truly fortunate to have him come to our meeting.

You will want to bring some money with you to this meeting as we will have special members only price this day only.

We will meet at our usual place, Woodzone in W. Columbia, SC. You can find out info on Woodzone here. http://www.woodzone.com

hewunch is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-31-2010, 05:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 2

wish i could come!
Pioneerpens is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-02-2010, 06:22 AM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 11

I'll be there!

Bruce Fifer
Ninety Six, SC

http://www.lionheartpens.com/Newsletter/2010.html
fiferb is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2010, 01:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

Photos: 210

woohoo! I'll be there for sure! BTW thank you Hans for helping set this up and a thank you to Constant for accepting!
Old 08-07-2010, 04:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

Photos: 0

That was a great meeting, with Constant showing and describing his great lazered blanks and Hans turning one to show us what to look out for. I have already put the two I purchased together.
Thanks agin
Old 08-10-2010, 07:10 AM   #6 (permalink)

Photos: 112

It was a great meeting on Saturday and I really enjoyed it.
Thanks to Woodzone for hosting the event.
Thanks for inviting me and meeting some great folks. It was great to put some faces to the people I have been doing business for a while now.

Keep up the good work.
Constant Laubscher is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-10-2010, 07:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Group Buy Coordinator

Photos: 13

A day late and a dollar short, literally. I just passed through there on I-20 Sunday morning on my way home. Wish I could have made it.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:48 AM   #8 (permalink)

Photos: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
A day late and a dollar short, literally. I just passed through there on I-20 Sunday morning on my way home. Wish I could have made it.
Well, you weren't there, but your glue was and it got a heavy plug.

hewunch is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

Photos: 210

Thanks again Constant for making yourself available! I really enjoyed and appreciate all your hard work! Hans, thanks for helping set everything up and for showing everyone a solid method for turning Constant's blanks. Monty...you did get a HEAVY plug. Sorry you missed it, would have been awesome to meet you!
Old 08-14-2010, 12:21 AM   #10 (permalink)

Photos: 0

We had a GREAT Carolina Penturner's meeting on Aug 7th. I haven't stopped thinking about all the tips and techniques that Constant Laubscher shared with us. and what a treat to have him with us! Constant shared a little about himself and how he started his business. He explained the process he used in producing his beautiful laser cut pen inlays along with how he stablizes and colors the wood he uses. We learned his method for CA finishes and tips on turning his laser inlay kits
Additinally Hans demonstrated using the eagle inlay kit how to put it togather, mount it on the mandrel, and apply a CA finish.
Our "Show N' Tell" was also most informative as Johnathan & Shea Brooks shared some of their new pen blank casting creations (which had folks waiting in a line to buy them) and a couple of gorgious custom pens they had modified. Hans Wunch also presented several of his new pen creations and explained some modifications he had made to make his pens a little more special.
We had lots of door prises from WoodZone Constant and Bob, one new member and eight guest. Member, Bob Stroughton from Charlotte.NC came bearing more give-a-ways for our club and has started our Library with a gift of four Pencrafting DVD's. Below are a few pictures taken at this meeting. And DON'T FORGET... our next meeting is the 1st Saturday in September the 4th and it is my birthday, so please plan to come and celebrate it with me.
Pat Harris
President
Attached Thumbnails
aug-2102-carolina-pen-club-meeting.jpg   constant-laubschuer.jpg   hans-wunch-turning-inlay-pen-kit.jpg   eagle-inlay-pen.jpg  

Last edited by patharris; 08-15-2010 at 11:57 AM.
patharris is offline   Reply With Quote Top