Trivia Contest Winners-Day 6

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Trivia Contest Winners
(Day 6)

Question:
Most everyone is familiar with the ubiquitous #2 Morse taper that is a part of just about every wood lathe we use. There are two other sizes that are somewhat less commonly in use……the #1 Morse taper and the #3 Morse taper, however, there are several other MT sizes as well. What is the full range of Morse Taper sizes?​

Answer:
#0 through #7​

(I could have been a *&^%$#@ and eliminated a lot of answers that listed individual sizes since I specifically asked for the "range" of sizes; but I'm feeling really benevolent, today, so there were 113 correct answers out of 115 entries.....a new record.)

Personal note to Paul Sherman: Buy some lottery tickets!! Your entry for this contest was only one position from winning for a third time.

The winners of the day 6 contest are:

Softail_jack and NCWoodworker

The prizes are:

Two sets of blanks: one in the regular orthodox cross style that includes a Jr vII blank set and a Sierra blank, body in BOW and Cross in Bloodwood and one in the Eagle style cross blanks, on the same tube sets- 1 Jr vII and 1 Sierra. Donated by lwalden.​

and

Two Little River Crafts 30-06 rifle cartridge pen kits - one each in brass and nickel. Donated of Sylvanite.

*****CONGRATULATIONS*****

Note: Both winners need to go to Ed & Dawn's profile page, select their IAP "contact info" and (EMAIL)them with:

1. Your screen name
2. Your real name & mailing address
3. Your phone number and
4. Your prize preference.
5. Please place the date and name of the contest you won in the subject line of your email.(Example: 6 Feb. Trivia Contest)

Please do "NOT" send your email to Ed's web site!!

First winner to respond each day will receive his/her choice of the two available
prizes!!

I would like to remind winners that the prize you will be receiving has been donated by a supporter of the IAP. Please take a minute to email a note of appreciation when you receive your prize.

Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ericw95

As one to provide a list, I would like to say that I felt I could not infer what you wanted i.e. MT#s or size in inches or size in mm for the "range of sizes" so I provided what I thought you were looking for as the answer.

I know it is a thankless job, and I haven't won a trivia contest or any contest for that matter in 2 bashes so far, but I would like to say thanks for all that you are doing to help the IAP.

dntrost

"I know it is a thankless job, and I haven't won a trivia contest or any contest for that matter in 2 bashes so far, but I would like to say thanks for all that you are doing to help the IAP."

Sucking up won't work. I tried that and still didn't win! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
"I know it is a thankless job, and I haven't won a trivia contest or any contest for that matter in 2 bashes so far, but I would like to say thanks for all that you are doing to help the IAP."

Sucking up won't work. I tried that and still didn't win! :rolleyes:

CAN'T HURT!!!

Thanks to everyone today!!!!.

I came in to the office to see this thread with the winners posted (as Randy has done EVERY DAY-thanks!!)

BUT, I also had e-mails from each of the winners!!! Since the donors are also members, this one is a breeze - four e-mails and everybody is HAP-HAP- HAPPY!!!!

Will post when completed.

pssherman

Randy_ said:

Personal note to Paul Sherman: Buy some lottery tickets!! Your entry for this contest was only one position from winning for a third time.

Arkansas voters approved a lottery at the last election.:) But, it still is not in operation yet,:frown: so I would have to go to another state to get tickets. Closest place to get tickets is 40 miles away. Or in other terms, 4 gallons of gas for the trip.:eek:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Yea, 4 gallons of gas vs $20 million jackpot - I'd stay home too!!

NOW, if it gets up to $200 million, might be worth the trip.

Pen Maker

PM me your numbers for Friday, I'll mail them to you tomorrow. Wait let me get a paypal rulling on this first! Dang, wouldn't you know it Paul. We got a big thumbs down.

Pen Maker

Thinks for noticing Ed,

I guess that Mike Myers, spelin course paid of, if I cin become a gradient, so ken ewe!

softail_jack

I recieved my cartridge pens kits today from Little River Crafts. They look great and I can't wait to work on them. Thanks Eric for the donation and thanks everyone else that works so hard in putting this to togethar, Jac

GaryMadore

I recieved my cartridge pens kits today from Little River Crafts. They look great and I can't wait to work on them. Thanks Eric for the donation and thanks everyone else that works so hard in putting this to togethar, Jac

You forgot to thank those of us who graciously lost, so that you could win ;)

You know, a simple "thanks, LOOZER!" would go a long way. Wait a minute.... On second thought, never mind....

Cheers!

Gary

Top Bottom