Trivia Contest Winners-Day 4

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Trivia Contest Winners
(Day 4)

Question:

Berea came out with a button click version of the Sierra kit recently which is nice because a lot of the current click pen kits leave something to be desired. Berea designed the kit so it would work with either the popular Uniball refill or the traditional Parker refill. To use the Parker refill, a little extension is required and ironically, while the extension works just fine with Parker clone refills, it does not work with the Parker brand refill. Because of that little annoyance and the possibility of losing the extension, altogether, some folks have come up with the idea of shortening the tube so that the extension is not required. You can no longer use the Uniball refill; but folks consider that a minor loss. The trivia question for today is:

What should the tube length be for the pen to function with the Parker refill and without the extension?

Note: I have not made a shortened Sierra click; but have calculated what the tube length needs to be based on the lengths of the individual kit components and I get a slightly different answer than what has been posted on some Internet pen sites. Another variable here is personal preference for how much of the refill tip extends beyond the end of the pen. That being the case, there will be some allowance made and there will be a small range of allowable answers; but you will need to be close!!

Answer:
According to Reed Kempton, who wrote the information that is posted on the Arizona Silhouette web site, the tube length should be 1.882".

Since it is not uncommon to find erroneous information on the Internet about pen construction and since I don't know Mr. Kempton, I decided to measure up the components in a Sierra Button that I haven't put together yet. From those measurements, I calculated that a tube length of 1.918" should be about right.

Any answer in the close vicinity of these two numbers was acceptable.

(Based on my measurements, using Klempton's tube length is going to result in a refill tip that sticks out farther that I find acceptable as there is a full millimeter difference in his length and what I calculate. I am going to start a thread on this subject and would like to hear from folks who have actually crafted shortened Sierra Buttons to see what tube length you are using.)

The winners of the day 4 contest are:

bananajeep and the_benz

The prizes are:

$50 gift certificate. Donated by Griffin Exotic Wood.

and

Box of blanks. Donated by nava1uni - (Cindy).

*****CONGRATULATIONS*****

Note: Both winners need to go to Ed & Dawn's profile page, select their IAP "contact info" and (EMAIL)them with:

1. Your screen name
2. Your real name & mailing address
3. Your phone number and
4. Your prize preference.
5. Please place the date and name of the contest you won in the subject line of your email.(Example: 4 Feb. Trivia Contest)

Do "NOT" send your email to Ed's web site!!

First winner to respond each day will receive his/her choice of the two available
prizes!!

I would like to remind winners that the prize you will be receiving has been donated by a supporter of the IAP. Please take a minute to email a note of appreciation when you receive your prize.

Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pen Maker

Hold on Thar Pardnar!

(Based on my measurements, using Klempton's tube length is going to result in a refill tip that sticks out farther that I find acceptable as there is a full millimeter difference in his length and what I calculate. I am going to start a thread on this subject and would like to hear from folks who have actually crafted shortened Sierra Buttons to see what tube length you are using.)

Your saying you don't even know the correct answer to your own question?

Randall, would you do something for me please sir? Pick up a #2MT 'B' Mandrel and give that 'electronical decision making machine' your mentioned in another post a good whack upside the HEAD!

I say, anybody who entered WON AT LEAST A BLANK! Just for the trouble of emailing a guess yesterday! Who's with me here?

Pen Maker

I didn't say it rigged, I just thought it was funny that he's fishing. If I get stuck here giving everybody a blank.... Just so's ya know's... I'll be from some old beat up OAK from a shed I recently tore down! Shipping is 4.85 LOL

Randy_

I'm just trying to get everyone good and riled up so they will expend all of their aggression on me......and my thick skin........and you guys will be all worn out by the time the rookie TriviaMeister takes over in a few days and you won't have any energy left to beat up on him!!

So take that.......:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

Pen Maker

Your just like my boss, come in here, rattle the cage, go out for soda! Nothin New. Keep us on our toes.

Randy_

I with ya!

It's obvious that this "contest" is rigged anyway, so this is the only way I'll get something outta them crooks running this place! :D

Cheers!

Gary

Man........

I know somebody who's chances of winning just went to nil. I Hope that blank thing pans out for you!!:bananen_smilies027:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
You most certainly should NOT win for GUESSING>

But then, the Triviameister was GUESSING, too ---

So, maybe..........................................Triviaschuler

Well, I better get working on shipping the prizes!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
My sense of fairness

Hold on Thar Pardnar!

Your saying you don't even know the correct answer to your own question?

Randall, would you do something for me please sir? Pick up a #2MT 'B' Mandrel and give that 'electronical decision making machine' your mentioned in another post a good whack upside the HEAD!

I say, anybody who entered WON AT LEAST A BLANK! Just for the trouble of emailing a guess yesterday! Who's with me here?

I believe I can accomodate that.

Send $5 for shipping and handling and YOUR address. I will certainly get a blank out to you!!

Pen Maker

Why thank you sir, I am building up a modest little supply (for me) of your fine wares.

I should relenquish to Mr. Madore or the other fellow who hasn't won just yet.

I'm betting one of them will be just as impressed with one of your products as I was. You too nice to us Ed, are you going to start typing in large letters again Next Month? For the price of shipping they still be a winner!

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
So when do we get the questions about what color boxers does Randy wear? After all, this is about his likes and dislikes. So Randy the big question I guess would be.................Boxers or briefs? Not that I really care either way, but we may need to learn more about you in order to answer these questions.:devil:

Pen Maker

I just run outside after Breakfast and see which way the Moon is facing, to see if Rand-AL is going to be in humorus or serious mood. Not looking to good TA-Day.

Randy_

So when do we get the questions about what color boxers does Randy wear? After all, this is about his likes and dislikes. So Randy the big question I guess would be.................Boxers or briefs? Not that I really care either way, but we may need to learn more about you in order to answer these questions.:devil:

Is there another option??

Pen Maker

Ed you just WON the prize for Today, let me dig down here see what we got... Nope the corn nuts are already spoken for. You got your choice of a Wrist Rocket or a Sea Monkey's aquarium? Go!

Top Bottom