Trivia Contest Winners-Day 13

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dntrost

The winners of the Day 13 contest are:

kirkfranks (Kirk)
and tim self

How many Engineers joined IAP in 2008? Note any and all engineers, including retired.

OK This one was sure a lot of fun and very controversial! What I expected folks to do was to go to the "members list" tab and advanced search and in the occupation line put "Engineer" and in the join date columns put 2007 – 12 – 31 through 2009 – 01 – 01 the criteria for the search says "after this date" & "before this date"
That returns 74 members one is an engineering assistant so – 1 would be 73 but I chose to accept 73 or 74

Over 80% of the folks sent me that answer so I feel the question was clear enough for the majority. Before anyone blows a cork it really doesn't matter as the Random Number Generators 2 winning numbers both had the correct answer so I did not have to eliminate anyone who sent in a different answer. You can still bitch and mone and fire the TriviaMeister but you still lost!

The prizes are:

15-20 blanks of woods native to (or commonly found in) the state or province in the continental N. America that the winner is from . The very best that I have, from a pen appearance perspective, not blank appearance, as some may be irregular branches . Some may be of hard to get woods, and may be plainer in appearance. Donated by 1080Wayne.

and

25 Gift Certificate. Donated by Exoticblanks.com (Ed4Copies)

*****CONGRATULATIONS*****

Note: Both winners need to go to Ed & Dawn's profile page, select their IAP "contact info" and (EMAIL)them with:

1. Your screen name
2. Your real name & mailing address
3. Your phone number and
4. Your prize preference.
5. Please place the date and name of the contest you won in the subject line of your email.(Example: 13 Feb. Trivia Contest)

Please do "NOT" send your email to Ed's web site!!

First winner to respond each day will receive his/her choice of the two available
prizes!!

I would like to remind winners that the prize you will be receiving has been donated by a supporter of the IAP. Please take a minute to email a note of appreciation when you receive your prize.

Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pen Maker

aaah the old advanced tab, next to the ANY key ? That Dion, he's a clevery rascal!

workinforwood

Interesting. I went into member area by date starting at 1/1/08 and did a word search for engineer on each page. Using a notepad I dropped a line for each one. Some people have engineer more than once, but I only counted it once. Some have it off to the far right as retired. I counted every single one on each page that way all the way to 12/31/08 and came up with 80.

USAFVET98

Interesting. I went into member area by date starting at 1/1/08 and did a word search for engineer on each page. Using a notepad I dropped a line for each one. Some people have engineer more than once, but I only counted it once. Some have it off to the far right as retired. I counted every single one on each page that way all the way to 12/31/08 and came up with 80.

You are right. I counted the ones on the right as well.

THarvey

Triviamiester's answer is too low

I realize the decision of the judges is final. However, I think your answer is about 11 short.

Here is the 85 that I found, with the fields highlighted that shows they are (or were) engineers. Some included engineer in their biography, but not the occupation field. A search of only the occupation field leaves some out.

Thanks,

Tim

Attachments

• IAP 2008 Engineers.xls
    58.5 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:

Pen Maker

ya'll sure your not using that New Math?

I believe he said 73 or 74 would be acceptable. That's not one but TWO chanches.

Better Luck Tomorrow, congrats to the boyz ta-day.

GaryMadore

Tim,

You're right, of course, but correctness is apparently irrelevant...

I, too, found 85 and listed them but the TriviaMeister didn't actually want us to answer his question ;)

What's more, I followed his modified directions to the letter, and submitted an answer of 75 (includes the one "aide") and that was STILL wrong.

The moral of the story? Make up any answer you want, submit it, and don't forget to make fun of the dog (grin)

Cheers!

Gary

THarvey

I realize the decision of the judges is final. However, I think your answer is about 11 short.

Here is the 85 that I found, with the fields highlighted that shows they are (or were) engineers. Some included engineer in their biography, but not the occupation field. A search of only the occupation field leaves some out.

Thanks,

Tim

THIS STINKS!!!!
You added this comment after I answered.

Based on feedback some clarity to the question! If you answered and would like to try again please do so!!!! Geese these are not trick questions and some of you think way too hard! I am only looking for those that list Engineer in their ocupation on IAP and joined in the year 2008. I did not call everyone to see if they were engineers and count them, I did not search every BIO to see if they want to be engineer or were in a previous life. I did not try to spell it seven differant ways example: Engr

Once the question is answered, there is no reason to go back and read it again. No fair changing the rules mid-game.

Last edited:

Pen Maker

and don't forget to make fun of the dog (grin)

HERE, HERE !!!!

The moral of the story? Make up any answer you want, submit it

I wised up a few dayz ago !!!

Did anybodie buy the RAFFLE Tix ? They use the same winner picker with that one too.. Should have saved the money and went to Walmart!

THarvey

Tim,

You're right, of course, but correctness is apparently irrelevant...

I, too, found 85 and listed them but the TriviaMeister didn't actually want us to answer his question ;)

What's more, I followed his modified directions to the letter, and submitted an answer of 75 (includes the one "aide") and that was STILL wrong.

The moral of the story? Make up any answer you want, submit it, and don't forget to make fun of the dog (grin)

Cheers!

Gary

That's a dog?

It looks more like the dust mop in those swiffer comercials.

Pen Maker

ooooh... Mr. Harvey it's getting a little crowded in this here corner. We should send someone out to get some of them little hot dogs wrapped in a croisant.

Pen Maker

I'm still on page three... Learning to make the Knots... I didn't know, I needed them?

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
It's a moot point, anyway...Let's assume he capitulates and allows any answer from 70-85 to count...that would mean that the first two random numbers he chose would STILL count...so we'd have the same winners! No change!

So regardless of what you think the answer is, the random-number generator wouldn't have changed, and the winners would still be the same....

GaryMadore

It's a moot point, anyway...Let's assume he capitulates and allows any answer from 70-85 to count...that would mean that the first two random numbers he chose would STILL count...so we'd have the same winners! No change!

So regardless of what you think the answer is, the random-number generator wouldn't have changed, and the winners would still be the same....

Aw, there he goes talkin' sense again ;)

Actually, that's precisely what I thought was gonna happen (allow all answers) but I gotta admit that Dion's method has made things, er, "interesting" :)

Cheers!

Gary

dntrost

Now are you all done whining and ready to move on to day 14! Again it is amazing to me that 68 out of 87 came up with the exact same numbers I DID! I sure hope everyone read the question carefully today! :biggrin::biggrin:[

Also I will refund any funds spent on this contest if you feel you are being mistreated!:wink::):rolleyes:

Pen Maker

Also I will refund any funds spent on this contest if you feel you are being mistreated!:wink::):rolleyes:

Thanks, I was running out of matches!!!!

Day 14 bring it on.. will I guess blue will I guess red... hmmmm

Top Bottom