Trivia Contest Winners-Day 10

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dntrost

The winners of the Day 10 contest are:

wrg813 (Will Gallagher)

and

rej19 (Ron Jones)

Question:
The story below contains acronyms commonly used in posts on IAP. You need to identify ALL of the acronyms and provide the definition for each of them.

Yesterday I made a FP out of BOW that I bought from BB. I finished it with CA. LOML really liked it and decided it was now hers. IMHO I would not show all of your pens to SWMBO if you want to be able to sell any of your pens DAMHIKT

Answer:

FP Fountain Pen
BOW Bethlehem Olive Wood
BB - Bill Baumbeck, of Arizona Silhouette
CA - Cyanoacrylate, or Super Glue/Krazy Glue
LOML - Love of My Life
IMHO - In my Honest/Humble Opinion
SWMBO - She who must be obeyed
DAMHIKT - Don't Ask Me How I Know This

The prizes are:

Tasmanian wood collection, consisting of (1) ea, Fiddleback Blackwood, Leatherwood burl, Rose Myrtle burl, White top burl, Eucalyptus burl. 5 total, est value 20.00. All are at least 7/8" sq x 5-1/4 long. US shipping inc. Donated by Bad Dogs Burl Source.

and

One flat rate envelope of blanks. Donated by Sparhawk

*****CONGRATULATIONS*****

Note: Both winners need to go to Ed & Dawn's profile page, select their IAP "contact info" and (EMAIL)them with:

1. Your screen name
2. Your real name & mailing address
3. Your phone number and
4. Your prize preference.
5. Please place the date and name of the contest you won in the subject line of your email.(Example: 10 Feb. Trivia Contest)

Please do "NOT" send your email to Ed's web site!!

First winner to respond each day will receive his/her choice of the two available
prizes!!

I would like to remind winners that the prize you will be receiving has been donated by a supporter of the IAP. Please take a minute to email a note of appreciation when you receive your prize.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

Question:
The story below contains acronyms commonly used in posts on IAP. You need to identify ALL of the acronyms and provide the definition for each of them.

Yesterday I made a FP out of BOW that I bought from BB. I finished it with CA. LOML really liked it and decided it was now hers. IMHO I would not show all of your pens to SWMBO if you want to be able to sell any of your pens DAMHIKT

Answer:

FP Fountain Pen
BOW Bethlehem Olive Wood
BB - Bill Baumbeck, of Arizona Silhouette
CA - Cyanoacrylate, or Super Glue/Krazy Glue
LOML - Love of My Life
IMHO - In my Honest/Humble Opinion
SWHTM - She who handles the money

DAMHIKT - Don't Ask Me How I Know This

I thought it was SWMBO not SWHTM?????!!!!!!

Skye

SWHTM - She who handles the money

That wasn't in the paragraph. It was SWMBO, who is 'She Who Must Be Obeyed.'

Hmm... apparently having a number in your name upps your odds, lol

Daniel

Dang I even missed that one by one. this stuff makes me dizzy though so I'm a little surprised it was just one.

oops just saw the correction above, I'm a winner again and got em all right. think I'm 8 for 10 right now. so where are the championships being held?

Pen Maker

Yeah, Congratulations to today's WINNAH's, the first HONEST WINNAH's since we threw out the Magical "Electronical HAT" and STOMPED on it then picked up the pieces and CAST them in a BLANK we fondly refer to as SEE YA SUCKA !

bobskio2003

I think we need a new random number generator. It keeps coming up with the same people. Congrats on win number two Ron (leave some for the rest of us) and win number one for Will (although he's probably lucky enough to have won twice as well). Darn, I guess its time to change my underwear and see if the next pair is lucky.

rej19

Yahooooo number twooooo. Congrats to Will also. Thanks to everyone involved from the donators to the volunteers helping!

dntrost

NOPE IT AINT RANDOM! RANDYgave me a list of folks who paid him off that I still need to take care of then I can start to pick my friends....

Oh wait a minute I aint got no friends! :mad:

So I guess just keep those payments coming but switch from Randy's email to mine and watch you win!:biggrin::biggrin::rolleyes:

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I'll have NO part in skulduggery!!!

No more prizes will be shipped until I receive MY PERCENTAGE (75%)

Or until I get the next e-mail --- still waiting for Will (but he may have a "real job" that doesn't allow him to goof off all day, like us!!

Pen Maker

and now for best comeback line in a dramatic Trivia Contest the award goes to:
I didn't pick 99 - she picked me! :wink: :biggrin:
Just so's ya know's Dwight
Oh wait a minute I aint got no friends! :mad:
I overheard Andy saying in another thread what a cool TriviaMeister you were. Such web presence, finess and the whole shebang! Not like that first guy Richard. Hey and he's got a number in his moniker to boot. Yep I overheard him and GaryMadore shooting the breeze. I took it they gotcha back bro!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
wrg813, where are you???

I need an e-mail with your choice. Ron has generously volunteered to take either prize, since he already won earlier. So, I can't complete this day until I hear from

YOU!!

wrg813

wrg813, where are you???

I need an e-mail with your choice. Ron has generously volunteered to take either prize, since he already won earlier. So, I can't complete this day until I hear from

YOU!!

Sorry for the delay ed. Thanks for the donation to trivia. Congrats to all the winners this month. Great site. Yes, my "real job" gets in the way of doing what I like to do sometimes.

Will

Top Bottom