Trivia Contest Participants-A Friendly Reminder !!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Some of you guys either did not read or did not follow the instructions. I got a number of entries that did not have the correct information in the subject line of your email entry. You need to have the date and name of the contest like so:

1 FEB Trivia. I even made it easy for you by putting the correct information for your title block in the contest rules so you could just do a copy/paste for your entry. Doing the above makes it more convenient for we TriviaMeisters to process the entries and when we are getting over 100 entries per day, saving time is important to us.

I am going to overlook this lapse for the day one contest; but now that everyone is on board, I will not be so lenient in future contests. Please help!!

A couple of folks forgot to include their screen name with their entry; but that was not a problem for the most part. As far as I know right now those who left off their screen name caught their mistake and sent a follow-up message with the necessary information.

Really, don't want to be a dork about this; but there is too much going on right now so time is at a premium and I need you guys to help me out.

Thanks. :):)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VisExp

Randy

I noticed that you have been including a clicky link in the trivia questions which automatically opens a new e-mail from Outlook. I don't know what the forum syntax would be but using the following in html then it would open a new e-mail with the subject line already filled in.

<a href="mailto:trivia@penturners.org?subject=Feb 4th Trivia">trivia@penturners.org</a>

Randy_

Thanks, Keith. I don't know squat about html code and am reluctant to fix something that ain't broke.

That being said, I will fool around with the code you supplied and if I can make it work, I will make the change as it would certainly be more efficient.

Thanks.

P.S. Be prepared to answer some questions off-line if I get myself into a deep hole!!

VisExp

[-url="mailto:trivia@penturners.org?subject=Feb 4th Trivia"]trivia@penturners.org[/url]

Use the code above, leave out the dash before the first url. The onus is on you to make sure you put the right date in though :wink: Double check the e-mail address as well.

VisExp

Paste the following:

[-url="mailto:trivia@penturners.org?subject=Feb 4th Trivia"]trivia@penturners.org[/url]

Then remove the first dash.
Then highlight it from the first [ to the last ]
Then click on sizes and make it bigger
Then click on colors and make it teal

Easy :biggrin:

Randy_

Well crap!!!!!!!

It worked that time???

Maybe it has to do with the color and size thing.

Going to have to play with it a bit more; but thanks. It looks like I am pointed in the right direction.

BTW, this new forum won't give me teal any longer. We are now in a seagreen mode.:biggrin::biggrin: Just like the little laughing man!!

Randy_

I see that we came to the same conclusion at the same time!!!

I'm going to tinker with this a little more. Have had this problem with color and size in the past and sometimes I have managed to work around it.

Randy_

There is the size. Now I've just got to figure out the color!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

Randy_

Don't pay any attention to this post. I am just experimenting with some variables to see if I can get this code to work well enough to use in the Trivia Contest announcements.

[-url="mailto:trivia@penturners.org?subject=4 Feb Trivia Contest"]trivia@penturners.org[/url]

trivia@penturners.org
Nope, that doesn't work

trivia@penturners.org
Neither does this

trivia@penturners.org
Not this either:mad:

Last edited:
Top Bottom