Prize awarding

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Sometimes the prize awarding is REALLY fun!!!

SEVERAL times I have gotten e-mails from winners with big type - I WON!!!

Oh, GOODY!!!!

And other such phrases.

We're all adults, so I kind of think, "Well, nice of him to show interest."

HOWEVER, in about five minutes, I get the NEXT e-mail, usually titled, "SORRY". THAT one has the guy's address. He really WAS so EXCITED, he forgot to give me the info I need to send the donor.

THAT gives me a little time to pause and be grateful to all the donors and the "little spark of sunshine" we spread with the IAP Birthday Bash.

Thought you should all get a chance to share the enjoyment.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Oh, GOODY!!!!

And other such phrases.

HOWEVER, in about five minutes, I get the NEXT e-mail, usually titled, "SORRY". THAT one has the guy's address. He really WAS so EXCITED, he forgot to give me the info I need to send the donor.

THAT gives me a little time to pause and be grateful to all the donors and the "little spark of sunshine" we spread with the IAP Birthday Bash.

Hi Ed; Well I really wouldn't know how much fun the prize awarding is, or how much fun it is to win a prize, but I will keep on trying.

THAT gives me a little time to pause and be grateful to all the donors and the "little spark of sunshine" we spread with the IAP Birthday Bash. (I copied this word for word from you your post since you have a way with words that I have never had.)

Just wanted to say how much fun I am having, and wanted everyone to know what a pleasure it is to be part of this forum!

PenAffair

Well, I don't really follow anything of what Ed is saying here, but I suppose it must be good if Ed is saying it.

So from my point of view as a summary of the bash, I've had a great time competing and I appreciate all the planning the organisers have done, the participation of the people running the contests, the prizes donated by all the sponsors and the participation of my fellow contestants.

It's been my first bash and a barrel of laughs (apart from the abuse in the Freestyle comp, but eh, that's part of the game :rolleyes:). Still a few days to go, so plenty more fun to be had. So, in conclusion

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!

Russell.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I agree, Ed - it's a fun thing to see people win...it's even more fun when you win yourself!

I'd like to publicly thank Ed for taking the HARDEST job in the bash - prize delivery - and letting me spend some quality time with my fiance, and join in on some of the contests.

I know firsthand how difficult Ed's job is, and he's made it look effortless....

So a big thank-you to all the suppliers, but a BIGGER thank you to Ed and Dawn for taking care of making sure all those wonderful donated prizes make their way to the winners!

Three Cheers for Ed and Dawn!

THarvey

Oh, GOODY!!!!

And other such phrases.

Guilty as charged.

I am not used to winning. I was in shock.

Thanks Ed for keeping us all straight. Thank you to all the contributors that donated prizes.

I have some beautiful nibs coming from Lou at Heritance Pens. Hopefully, he will include the "fountain pen for dummies" instructions with those. :confused:

Thanks to all the members that make this site a great place to learn. There is far more talent on display here than I can ever hope to possess.

Oh, and I would also like to thank the Random Number Generator for picking me. :biggrin:

Tim

bitshird

Ed, try and explain how good it feels to give a prize, sure winning is fun but giving to this group is just plain awesome, Thanks to all the members that make this site a great place to learn. There is far more talent on display here than I can ever hope to possess. and wish I had more to contribute. you and your lovely better half and Lou have given so much you must feel like "top of the world"

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Well said , Ed and everyone . There is a box of blanks waiting to be sent to another lucky winner . Good luck boys and girls ! :biggrin:

TribalRR

SEVERAL times I have gotten e-mails from winners with big type - I WON!!!...

LMAO, Guilty...

Rangertrek

Ditto

Ditto to all the above. Ed you are really appreciated for the time and effort spent during the Bash.
Thanks to all who donated prizes.:biggrin::biggrin:
So far, it's been a great month, only a few days remaining.
Can we do it again next month?:wink:

Rick_G

Ed I have to agree the time and effort you and others put into this is really appreciated. Great fun is had by all but you did use a couple words in your original post that I don't understand. What does "I WON" mean?

I WON !!!!!!!

I forgot to say I won when I sent my info to you a few minutes ago, my wife keeps wondering what I do in the morning checking this site, I just showed her and she understands what I am doing, now I have to get some more pen kits to use with the blanks I just won, and a new turning tool would be nice too. :biggrin:

Mike

dntrost

Hmm Ed is real old so he might be getting a little senile! Fun what he is doing is a heck of a lot of work between him and Andrew this would not have been possible or near as smooth! I guess the older you get the more things become fun!

GREAT JOB GUYS!

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I clicked on "real old" at least a dozen times.

Don't underline if it's not a link - it confuses those of us who are

REAL OLD!!

Top Bottom