An Important Message For All Trivia Contest Participants !!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

As most of you know, we had a SPAM problem with the Trivia Contest and changed the email address and hid it through the use of an embedded email link that shows up in the Trivia Contest announcement as "
CLICK HERE."

There are some IAP members who, for one reason or another, need to enter email addresses manually using a copy/paste method and now that the email address is hidden, they have a problem.

To resolve this issue, here is the new Trivia Contest email address with some camouflage to hide it from the spammers and trollers: 747trivia2@penturners.org. You can copy/paste this address into your email address line and delete the three leading numerical characters and your email will go where it is supposed to. You don't have to remember this email addy as it will be posted in each Trivia Contest announcement so it will be handy for your use.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but the damn spammers force us to use this dodge.

Additionally, here is a message posted by wolftat that explains how he solved his problem with the "CLICK HERE" link.

".....I have made the click work on my computer. I went to the tools button, then to Internet options, then programs, and then changed the email setting to the forum that I use. This may or may not work for the rest of you that are having trouble....."[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/justify]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Don't know about others, but when I right clicked on the link, it allows me to copy the email address (not in this thread, but in the actual trivia thread) so it will past into my email.

bad

I just added a new contact in my address book. I figure out the answer (hopefully the right one) and send an email using the address book. I haven't gotten any indication that it hasn't gone through. Would the managers of the trivia contest mind having a quick look to see if my emails have been getting through? That's if you've got time, if not don't worry about it.

Top Bottom