IAP Trivia Contest Winners-Day 24

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fiferb

The winners of the Day 24 contest are:

bobskio2003
and
1080Wayne

When Billy Burt sets his dipped lacquer pens in the 2x4 for drying, what does he make sure happens in relation to the earth's surface.

Answer – The barrels are perpendicular in relation to the earth's surface in order to prevent the lacquer from accumulating on the low side.
http://content.penturners.org/articles/2008/lacquer_dipping.pdf

The prizes are:

PRIZE: Woodchuck Carbide Scraper, a one of a kind tool made from Show polished 304 Stainless steel with the IAP Logo and the 5th anniversary pen logo. The value is roughly 150.00 and it is the only one that will ever be done. Laser Engraving was also donated by Constant Laubscher of Lazerlinez. Donated by bitshird (Ken).
scraper-5th-aniv.jpg
scraper--2.jpg

PRIZE: Box of pen blanks. Donated by dalecamino.

*****CONGRATULATIONS*****

Note: Both winners need to go to Ed & Dawn's profile page, select their IAP "contact info" and (EMAIL)them with:

1. Your screen name
2. Your real name & mailing address
3. Your phone number and
4. Your prize preference.
5. Please place the date and name of the contest you won in the subject line of your email.(Example: 24 Feb. Trivia Contest)

Please do "NOT" send your email to Ed's web site!!

First winner to respond each day will receive his/her choice of the two available
prizes!!

I would like to remind winners that the prize you will be receiving has been donated by a supporter of the IAP. Please take a minute to email a note of appreciation when you receive your prize.

Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hdbblue

Hey look at that - a Canuck is finally on the winners list - congratulations.

BUT - it wasn't me :(

4 more days - 8 more chances - looking mighty grim :(

workinforwood

I was. we all know the first winner to respond gets the woodchuck! Some of us hope both winners forget to check and we can put the woodchuck back in the prize bucket for a second chance!!! Wow..what an awesome prize. congrats to whoever nabs it first.

bobskio2003

Woo hoo. What a day to win. I guess it is true what they say about good things come to those that give. I've donated two prizes for the birthday bash and have now recieved two prizes. I know you all wish I was probably done now but with great prizes yet to go I'm going to keep on trying. You know what they say also, three times is the charm. Thanks Ken for such a great prize but also to all the other donaters that have provided different forms of great prizes. Bob I.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I've received one e-mail, but no currency accompanied it.

Waiting to see what the other might bring ---- winners will be announced after I count the er, .................. um ............................................. well ....................................................................... soon!!!

bitshird

Bob, I am guessing that you want the pretty shiny thingy?? I hope you have an awesome piece of wood for the handle, because I'm throwing in a solid brass ferrule I machined yesterday and some extra inserts, As soon as I get the information from the Resinator, I'll package it up and see if I can get it to the Post Office this afternoon, if not It'll be on it's way in the morning, this is a fully functional tool, but it sure would look pretty in a nice display case over your lathe or headboard or just sitting on a mantle, but then what would you do with the extra inserts??

bobskio2003

Ken, I'll be tormented for a while trying to figure out whether to use it or not. I haven't tried a tool like this one so I'm eager to try it out but then again the tool is so special I'd hate to potentially scratch but it is a toll and a tool is meant to be used but a tool like this and a group like this it is going to appreciate and possibly put my kids through college someday. (Oops getting carried away.) I'll have a few more days to think about it and then once I see it in my hands I may have to think about it all over again. Now if I could one of the blanks from the Blank ID contest then that would be very unique. Photography is not one of my strong points but once I get it handled I'll try and take a picutre of it. Bob I.

Draken

Not even a Kringle, yet this year!!

You're slipping!!!

I know. I think I used up all of my winning mojo during last year's bash when I won the lathe.

Rest assured, I'm not without my Kringle though. After winning one of those from you last year, we ordered the Kringle of the Month club for a year. I've got half of 7 or so Kringles out in the freezer, and I won't be done with the club until April.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I know. I think I used up all of my winning mojo during last year's bash when I won the lathe.

Rest assured, I'm not without my Kringle though. After winning one of those from you last year, we ordered the Kringle of the Month club for a year. I've got half of 7 or so Kringles out in the freezer, and I won't be done with the club until April.

Hey, you know how hard it was to get that lathe donated?! I'm still waiting for the kickback you promised me! :wink:

Draken

Hey, you know how hard it was to get that lathe donated?! I'm still waiting for the kickback you promised me! :wink:

Hmm, old age and all, I don't recall any kickback being due...

Did have to pay Grizzly though. They raised the price of the lathe between when the gift cert was issues and when the drawing was held. The GC was for the old price, and had a limitation on it that it could only be used for that one particular lathe, so I paid the difference. That must be where the kickback went... :rolleyes:

1080Wayne

Oh , the sacrifices a politician makes ! A meeting on water , a meeting on economic development , a meeting on solid waste , and I get home at 11:20 PM MST to find that Bob has been having sweet dreams about that tool of his for the last 4 hours . Ever have the urge to make a late night congratulatory call ??? Congratulations Bob . And my thanks to dalecamino for donating the blanks , which I will be delighted to receive . Wayne

bobskio2003

Sorry Wayne. I was just lucky yesterday because I'm usually in the same boat as you but the meetings have different topics. Yesterday I had very few and just check here at the right time. Bob I.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Oh , the sacrifices a politician makes ! A meeting on water , a meeting on economic development , a meeting on solid waste , and I get home at 11:20 PM MST to find that Bob has been having sweet dreams about that tool of his for the last 4 hours . Ever have the urge to make a late night congratulatory call ??? Congratulations Bob . And my thanks to dalecamino for donating the blanks , which I will be delighted to receive . Wayne

So, you couldn't claim the prize, cauz you had other sh!! to talk about???

That sucks!!

I do think the midnight congratulations would have been appreciated.

Top Bottom