IAP 2009 BIRTHDAY BASH TRIVIA CONTEST-9 FEB QUESTION

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Welcome
to the ninth day of this year's
IAP TRIVIA CONTEST !!!

We will aim to start each daily contest at 12 noon ET on a given day; but TriviaMeister schedules may necessitate earlier or later starting times. Regardless of the starting time, you will have until noon ET of the following day to email your answer for the contest question. Please be sure to include your IAP screen name with your answer so we know who you are.​

All entries "postmarked" before noon ET of the contest closing day will be placed in a hat(electronic hat, actually) and two winners selected. Winners will be the first two entries selected at random that are valid and have the correct answer to the contest question. The winners will be announced on contest closing day at 8 P.M. ET (or thereabouts as the TriviaMeister's schedule permits:wink:) and the decision of the TriviaMeister will be final.

Email your answer to:..............CLOSED

Please show the date and name of the contest in the subject line of your email entry i.e., 9 FEB Trivia. You can copy/paste the preceeding. (This saves time for the TriviaMeister in processing entries.) Also be sure to include your screen name with your answer!!​

The prizes you will be competing for today are:​

Five (5) Neopean kits and a set of bushings.Donated by Aaron at Lau Lau Woodworks.

and

$25 Gift Certificate. Donated by Exoticblanks.com (Ed4Copies).

!!!!!***HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK***!!!!!

Well, this is the last day of my reign as TriviaMeister. Good thing as I have run out of questions!!:wink: Been fun and educational as well. I always learn something from the entries that are submitted so thanks. We have had real good participation so far.....over a hundred entries on almost every day.......and you guys must have been attending Pen College over the past year as we got a lot more correct correct entries this year than last. Sadly, some of you do need to study a little harder.

OK, here is the last question from me (for a while, at least). I imagine this one will give you a little more trouble than some of the previous ones. :tongue: Good luck!!

Rookie days start tomorrow..............be gentle!!:biggrin:

Question for day 9.....​

This is a home-made lathe. Who made it.?

1_Lathe1.jpg

Email your answer to:....................CLOSED

Please show the date and name of the contest in the subject line of your email entry i.e., 9 FEB Trivia. You can copy/paste the preceeding. (This saves time for the TriviaMeister in processing entries.) Also be sure to include your screen name with your answer!!​

Note: "Laundry list" entries that include several possible alternative answers are "NOT" acceptable. Submit only one answer per question or question part(if there is a multi-part question) unless the question specifically asks for multiple answers. Thanks.​

The TriviaMeisters have decided there will be "NO" limit on the number of times any one person can win a prize. If you know your stuff and are lucky in the draw, you could win as many as 28 prizes!!!:wink:

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Paul Revere!!!

(No, wait, electric motor.........hmmmmm.....Thomas Edison .............but the motor has initials --------- AHA!!! General Electric!!!!!! GE for short)

Randy_

BTW, Randy --- I like the "click here" feature --- good thinkin!!!

Glad you like it; but it had nothing to do with good thinking. More like the school of hard knock.

Some Internet troller picked up the trivia email Addy and passed it around and I started getting a bunch of spam.......mostly from 13 year old girls wanting me yo log on the their web cam site.

So Jeff changed the email address for me and then I tried to hide it. Hope this will solve that problem.

Dumbness (is that a word) on my part. I should have known better.:rolleyes:

Daniel

Hmmm, I think the Click Here thing actually worked for me. usually they don't. I have to copy and paste addy's to my new message page.

pssherman

Here's a hint. It wasn't me but I sure wish it was. :biggrin:

I remember seeing that picture before but can't remember who posted it. I seem to be forgetting more as I get older. :frown:

Randy_

Daniel: I have been watching the contest entries and have not seen yours come thru yet. It has been 45 minutes since you posted so it looks like maybe the "click here" thing may not have worked for you after all??

GregHaugen

I just sent my answer with the link. I think it worked. :rolleyes:

Even though I'm still in the "loser's club". This is alot of fun! Thanks Randy for doing this.

tim self

I must admit I would love to own one like that. I will also admit it took me a while to find the answer too! Good question though. You had to save it till last didn't you?

Pen Maker

9 FEB Trivia

Question: This is a home-made lathe. Who made it?

Answer: Mother Teresa

Extra Credit:
Year: 1968
Day: Wednesday, and It rained that day, the only day it did that year as a matter of Fact.

Randy, Hope you had a lot of fun this year and I Hope you have a great summer. I also Hope we get the same home room teacher again next year ! ! !

Randy_

It looks familiar so I took a guess.

Click here did not work for me......I don't use outlook. Hope the old fashioned way got thru.

Mark: Did not get an entry from you today. Did you use the new address or the old one. Right click on the "CLICK HERE"(not here) text and check properties to see the new email addy.

Last edited:

Randy_

Randy,

This was my first time using the link: Please let me know if you get my entry. Thanks.

Gary

4:45 PM ET ........nothing from you Gary.

Got everything else.... days 1 through 8; but it looks like you skipped day 3??

Were you doing a copy/paste and entering the email address manually??

Last edited:

GaryMadore

4:45 PM ET ........nothing from you Gary.

Got everything else.... days 1 through 8; but it looks like you skipped day 3??

Were you doing a copy/paste and entering the email address manually??

Randy,

I had been entering the old address manually. Today I clicked the (new) link and everything seemed to go OK. I checked my "outbox" later, though, and found that the email wouldn't go. I deleted that one, drafted another with the (new) address entered manually, and it seemed to go OK.

Thanks for checking.

As an aside, I just re-re-re-read the "How we select the winners" thread and realized (yes, for the first time) that you guys don't actually read every entry (screening for correct answers) but rather only read the ones selected by the number generator. Take a look, if you like, at my entry for yesterday (8th) and ask yourself how dumb I feel for sending that encyclopedia and then realizing that it'll never be read :-D (talk about a "doh!") moment...)

Hey, is there an "honorable mention" category for geekiest, most useless, biggest waste of time answer? heh

Cheers!

Gary

P.S. Yep, I missed one day - must be day 3.

Last edited:

Randy_

Randy,

I had been entering the old address manually. Today I clicked the link and everything seemed to go OK. I checked my "outbox" later, though, and found that the email wouldn't go. I deleted that one, drafted another with the (new) address entered manually, and it seemed to go OK.

Thanks for checking.

As an aside, I just re-re-re-read the "How we select the winners" thread and realized (yes, for the first time) that you guys don't actually read every entry (screening for correct answers) but rather only read the ones selected by the number generator. Take a look, if you like, at my entry for yesterday (8th) and ask yourself how dumb I feel for sending that encyclopedia and then realizing that it'll never be read :-D (talk about a "doh!") moment...)

Hey, is there an "honorable mention" category for geekiest, most useless, biggest waste of time answer? heh

Cheers!

Gary

Actually, Gary, I do look at a lot of the entries individually and frequently learn new and interesting stuff from what the contestants include with their answers. (that's my payoof for doing the trivia Contest!!) For the really simple questions or when I am squished for time I may not look at many of them; but try to acknowledge the entries with interesting notes although even that gets skipped sometimes for lack of time.

If you want to add an interesting little tidbit to your answer, please continue to do so especially if it is just a cut and paste and doesn't take you a lot of time. Chances are that I will see your comment 2 out of 3 times.

Thanks.:)

GaryMadore

If you want to add an interesting little tidbit to your answer, please continue to do so especially if it is just a cut and paste and doesn't take you a lot of time. Chances are that I will see your comment 2 out of 3 times

Doh! Too late for today, as I sent a single-word (and most likely incorrect) response :)

Cheers!

Gary

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Actually, Gary, I do look at a lot of the entries individually and frequently learn new and interesting stuff from what the contestants include with their answers. (that's my payoof for doing the trivia Contest!!) For the really simple questions or when I am squished for time I may not look at many of them; but try to acknowledge the entries with interesting notes although even that gets skipped sometimes for lack of time.

If you want to add an interesting little tidbit to your answer, please continue to do so especially if it is just a cut and paste and doesn't take you a lot of time. Chances are that I will see your comment 2 out of 3 times.

Thanks.:)

Except Randy passes the "baton" tomorrow, so he won't see the entries -- not that he was LOOKING before!!!

GaryMadore

Except Randy passes the "baton" tomorrow, so he won't see the entries -- not that he was LOOKING before!!!

I heard that the NEW Trivia Meister will REALLY APPRECIATE sexy, long-winded, information-filled, geeky, extra-long replies.

In fact, I heard that the NEW Trivia Meister will ensure that such replies go right to the front of the line for prizes.

Yup, that's what I heard....

UNLIKE Randy, you know, who just ignored my witticisms...

heh

Cheers!

Gary

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Well Gary,

Your hearing needs HELP. They all use the SAME random number generator. But, you know, they are bringing in a new guy, now. You may be able to entertain him for a day or so, before he gets SWAMPED with entries.

Give it a shot!!

Pen Maker

witticisms...

So that's what you call 'em... well, regardless... your chances were a smidgon less than mines, that's counting that someday's I didn't even enter... DOH.. But don't worry Gary..... TOMORROW IS DAY 1 !!!!!

jhs494

Good question Randy!
The answer to this is not 7.
This took me awhile, and I stumbled upon it by accident, I hope I am right.

GaryMadore

Good question Randy!
The answer to this is not 7.
This took me awhile, and I stumbled upon it by accident, I hope I am right.

Well, I'll narrow it down a bit for you: If you guessed "Gary Madore", you are incorrect ;)

(psssst: don't tell anybody, but if you guessed [name deleted for security purposes], you are correct)

Cheers!

Gary

Randy_

Those who have correct answers to this question have a much better chance than usual of winning. Admittedly, this was a pretty tough question and the results bear that out.........only 28 entries so far and several of those are incorrect. :devil:

dntrost

Your new Triviameister will not be this hard on you my questions will be a piece of cake compared to SCROOGE! I mean Randy!

Great Job Randy! Now move aside and let the rookie loose! :confused::cool:

GaryMadore

Those who have correct answers to this question have a much better chance than usual of winning. Admittedly, this was a pretty tough question and the results bear that out.........only 28 entries so far and several of those are incorrect. :devil:

.... and for those who have yet to answer, the correct answer is, of course, Teddy Roosevelt. Get your entries in!

Cheers!

Gary

hdbblue

Not relevant

Its a BOWL lathe and you can't turn pens on it

Not only that, I've spent over an hour looking for the d@mn thing and can't find it

Last edited:

dntrost

Well Gary,

Your hearing needs HELP. They all use the SAME random number generator. But, you know, they are bringing in a new guy, now. You may be able to entertain him for a day or so, before he gets SWAMPED with entries.

Give it a shot!!

Random what???:confused: Heck he just picks his friends and relatives. So I plan to do the same! He told me there are only 10 replies a day so I can keep up! or was it 100??? In any case no problem I am ready! :beat-up::frown:

Pen Maker

YEAH !!!! UNCLE DION's BACK IN TOWN !!!! Gary I got ye covered ! Brush up on yer Marshall Tucker MAN, I'll dig out the Wet Willie and J. Geils. That way no matter what he hit's us with. We be GOLDEN BRO !

Top Bottom