IAP 2009 BIRTHDAY BASH TRIVIA CONTEST-8 FEB QUESTION

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Overslept this morning and am running a little behind.

Sorry.:frown:

I'll get the new day's information up shortly; but you can go ahead and start posting answers now if you like.:rolleyes:

Randy_

Maybe we are on to something new here?? Seems like we are getting more response to the contest when I don't post a question. How about folks just keep posting answers without a question and I will pick the two answers I like best and award those the prizes. What do you think?(this is not the trivia question.:wink:)

DozerMite

Banned
The square root of the circumference divided by pi multiplied by 2,000 kelvin over the sum of the number of tuesday's on the ancient egyptian calander?

MarkHix

Maybe we are on to something new here?? Seems like we are getting more response to the contest when I don't post a question. How about folks just keep posting answers without a question and I will pick the two answers I like best and award those the prizes. What do you think?(this is not the trivia question.:wink:)

Randy is the Best. His pens are awesome and as a contest judge there are none better! He can leap tall buildings in a single bound, dogs like him and supermodels faint at the sight of him.

My address is......

Pen Maker

Randy that's not what Mark was saying about your Mom in SOYP last nite.

Something about combat boots as I recall.. size 13... doh

Randy_

OK, enough of this silliness. Ed just sent me a PM and said I could not not post a trivia question. (figure that one out.)

He said, "Post the damn question you 'DUMMY' although I don't think he used the word "dummy"?? So, here is the question for today.

Welcome
to the eighth day of this year's
IAP TRIVIA CONTEST !!!

We will aim to start each daily contest at 12 noon ET on a given day; but TriviaMeister schedules may necessitate earlier or later starting times. Regardless of the starting time, you will have until noon ET of the following day to email your answer for the contest question. Please be sure to include your IAP screen name with your answer so we know who you are.​

All entries "postmarked" before noon ET of the contest closing day will be placed in a hat(electronic hat, actually) and two winners selected. Winners will be the first two entries selected at random that are valid and have the correct answer to the contest question. The winners will be announced on contest closing day at 8 P.M. ET (or thereabouts as the TriviaMeister's schedule permits:wink:) and the decision of the TriviaMeister will be final.

To email your answer:..........CLOSED

Please show the date and name of the contest in the subject line of your email entry i.e., 8 FEB Trivia. You can copy/paste the preceeding. (This saves time for the TriviaMeister in processing entries.) Also be sure to include your screen name with your answer!!​

The prizes you will be competing for today are:​

Package of antler and 3 gold Baron kits. Donated by dntrost (Dion)

and

Envelope of misc. blanks. Donated by Nolan.

!!!!!***HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK***!!!!!

Question for day 8.....​

If you were to run a Jet Mini non-VS lathe at its top speed for one hour per day for an entire non-leap year, how many revolutions would the spindle make? (Round off your answer to the closest million.)

Save yourself some typing........there is no extra credit for showing your work!!

To email your answer:..........CLOSED

Please show the date and name of the contest in the subject line of your email entry i.e., 8 FEB Trivia. You can copy/paste the preceeding. (This saves time for the TriviaMeister in processing entries.) Also be sure to include your screen name with your answer!!​

Note: "Laundry list" entries that include several possible alternative answers are "NOT" acceptable. Submit only one answer per question or question part(if there is a multi-part question) unless the question specifically asks for multiple answers. Thanks.​

The TriviaMeisters have decided there will be "NO" limit on the number of times any one person can win a prize. If you know your stuff and are lucky in the draw, you could win as many as 28 prizes!!!:wink:

Last edited:

rej19

JimB, Since I answered true and you answered false. Why don't we do some collusion and split the prize no matter who wins? Collusion is an agreement, usually secretive, which occurs between two or more persons to deceive, mislead, or defraud others of their legal rights, or to obtain an objective forbidden by law typically involving fraud or gaining an unfair advantage.

hdbblue

Question for day 8.....​

If you were to run a Jet Mini non-VS lathe at its top speed for one hour per day for an entire non-leap year, how many revolutions would the spindle make? (Round off your answer to the closest million.)

Foul - not fair - I don't have enough fingers and toes to calculate that

Randy_

Question for day 8.....​

Foul - not fair - I don't have enough fingers and toes to calculate that

Harvey: Get some help from your wife.................she must be the smart one in the family!!:eek::eek:

Last edited:

Pen Maker

She's probably OLD SCHOOL complete with Swagger Stick...

Mark you in a heap o' Trouble now boy !

mywoodshopca

Charlottetown, PEI Canada, Derby Kansas and Canyon
Todays questions:

Whatever happened to Preparations A through G?

If 4 out of 5 people suffer from diarrhea does that mean the fifth one enjoys it?

Why do you call it an asteroid when its outside the hemisphere, yet call it hemorrhoid when its in your @ss?

I know these are CRAPPY questions and I apologize :biggrin:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager

"Rounding" at 30%+???????? I hope you don't do taxes!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Just started recalculating!!

Perhaps 30% is over-stated!!!

3/50th of a percent ------hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ok, you can do taxes!!!!

Top Bottom