IAP 2009 BIRTHDAY BASH TRIVIA CONTEST-7 FEB QUESTION

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Welcome
to the seventh day of this year's
IAP TRIVIA CONTEST !!!

We will aim to start each daily contest at 12 noon ET on a given day; but TriviaMeister schedules may necessitate earlier or later starting times. Regardless of the starting time, you will have until noon ET of the following day to email your answer for the contest question. Please be sure to include your IAP screen name with your answer so we know who you are.​

All entries "postmarked" before noon ET of the contest closing day will be placed in a hat(electronic hat, actually) and two winners selected. Winners will be the first two entries selected at random that are valid and have the correct answer to the contest question. The winners will be announced on contest closing day at 8 P.M. ET (or thereabouts as the TriviaMeister's schedule permits:wink:) and the decision of the TriviaMeister will be final.

Email your answer to: ClOSED

Please show the date and name of the contest in the subject line of your email entry i.e., 7 FEB Trivia. You can copy/paste the preceeding. (This saves time for the TriviaMeister in processing entries.) Also be sure to include your screen name with your answer!!​

The prizes you will be competing for today are:​

Flat rate envelope full of premium blanks from his private stash. Donated by Dario.

and

$25 Gift cert. Donated by Exoticblanks.com (Ed4Copies)

!!!!!***HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK***!!!!!

Question for day 7.....​

Letterwood is the subject of much discussion because of one nasty habit it regularly exhibits. Give the more well-known common name and the scientific name.

Email your answer to: CLOSED

Please show the date and name of the contest in the subject line of your email entry i.e., 7 FEB Trivia. You can copy/paste the preceeding. (This saves time for the TriviaMeister in processing entries.) Also be sure to include your screen name with your answer!!​

Note: "Laundry list" entries that include several possible alternative answers are "NOT" acceptable. Submit only one answer per question or question part(if there is a multi-part question) unless the question specifically asks for multiple answers. Thanks.​

The TriviaMeisters have decided there will be "NO" limit on the number of times any one person can win a prize. If you know your stuff and are lucky in the draw, you could win as many as 28 prizes!!!:wink:

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Letterwood is the subject of much discussion

492000 posts since the new site!!!!

Last time letterwood was mentioned, it was in 2006, it seems - so, yep, we just "chatter" about it endlessly!!! Every millionth entry or so!!

Pen Maker

He's on channel 4 weekday's, I just can't stay up long enough to watch him though. I barely make it to the news most nites.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Being in the copier industry, I can tell you "letterwood" is another name for copier paper that gets stuck frequently.

Usually came from the cottonwood tree (that's why they call it "cotton" based)

Don't know the scientific name, but you can look that up. If you don't have time, just use "cottonwoodus messusupairconditionerus"

Pen Maker

Day 7 Trivia
Ansir: Cottonwoodus
messusupairconditionerus
Screen Name: Maximus Buffonius

No google here, got the skinny from a reliable source! Electronical Decision Making Machine Test 1

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Screen Name: Maximus Buffonius

Send me max's address, looks like a WINNER!!!

(Today's prize: an envelope of blanks!!!! - blank application, blank id card, blank verse...)

Pen Maker

Henry Ott
123 Main Streat
Anytown, USA. 12345

I want to thank God, the Mrs. , My mother and father, Also the Academy! All my fellow wood turners, all the future wood turners. And last but certainly not least You Ed, I couldn't have made it this far without your guidance.

(glad you caught that one Ed, I never DID trust that Microsoft computer cookie cleaner stuff). Yeah I watch CIS too!

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Henry Ott
123 Main Streat
Anytown, USA. 12345

I want to thank God, My mother and father, Also the Academy! All my fellow wood turners, all the future wood turners. And last but certainly not least You Ed, I couldn't have made it this far without your guidance.

boy, you better NOT BE MARRIED!!!!!

YOUR WIFE

just put you on "injured reserve"

PenAffair

Oh boy, you've opened a can of worms here. Do you mean the common name where you live, or the common name where I live?

My neighbour when I was growing up always had some very creative common names for things. Unfortunately I can't repeat them here.

Russell.

Daniel

I heard a lot of names for the cottonwood, and all of them are really common, at least in places like bars, ball games, street brawls.

dntrost

I am now boycotting this TRIVIA because the TRIVIAMEISTER has insulted me and refuses to recognize my emails! :mad: this game is rigged! I can't wait till the new TRIVIAMASTER takes over. :biggrin:

workinforwood

I thought the answer was to be emailed. We're just foolin around in this thread I hope. Anyways, did I win, or do I need to try again. I had a good feeling I might be the first answer this time, but maybe not.

Last edited:

Pen Maker

Well it wasn't me!!!! I just get the Credit Repair ones... I applied for one... Got It two... My limit is now up to a Big Mac... no fries... no Cola... just the Big Mac and I'm maxed out... with interest I should have it paid down at least by the time the post office gets sorted out I'm thinking!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
CAREFUL RANDY
"UR"
indicates she COULD BE under 18!!!

The esteemed past mayor of Racine will tell you

THE SHOW COULD BE DANGEROUS!!!
THE "AFTER-PARTY" CAN
BE CAREER ENDING!!

Top Bottom