IAP 2009 BIRTHDAY BASH TRIVIA CONTEST-6 FEB QUESTION

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Welcome
to the sixth day of this year's
IAP TRIVIA CONTEST !!!

We will aim to start each daily contest at 12 noon ET on a given day; but TriviaMeister schedules may necessitate earlier or later starting times. Regardless of the starting time, you will have until noon ET of the following day to email your answer for the contest question. Please be sure to include your IAP screen name with your answer so we know who you are.

All entries "postmarked" before noon ET of the contest closing day will be placed in a hat(electronic hat, actually) and two winners selected. Winners will be the first two entries selected at random that are valid and have the correct answer to the contest question. The winners will be announced on contest closing day at 8 P.M. ET (or thereabouts as the TriviaMeister's schedule permits:wink:) and the decision of the TriviaMeister will be final.

Email your answer to: CLOSED

Please show the date and name of the contest in the subject line of your email entry i.e., 6 FEB Trivia. You can copy/paste the preceeding. (This saves time for the TriviaMeister in processing entries.) Also be sure to include your screen name with your answer!!

The prizes you will be competing for today are:

Two sets of blanks: one in the regular orthodox cross style that includes a Jr vII blank set and a Sierra blank, body in BOW and Cross in Bloodwood and one in the Eagle style cross blanks, on the same tube sets- 1 Jr vII and 1 Sierra. Donated by lwalden.

and

Two Little River Crafts 30-06 rifle cartridge pen kits - one each in brass and nickel. Donated of Sylvanite.

!!!!!***HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK***!!!!!

Question for day 6.....

Most everyone is familiar with the ubiquitous #2 Morse taper that is a part of just about every wood lathe we use. There are two other sizes that are somewhat less commonly in use……the #1 Morse taper and the #3 Morse taper, however, there are several other MT sizes as well. What is the full range of Morse Taper sizes?

Email your answer to: CLOSED

Please show the date and name of the contest in the subject line of your email entry i.e., 6 FEB Trivia. You can copy/paste the preceeding. (This saves time for the TriviaMeister in processing entries.) Also be sure to include your screen name with your answer!!

Note: "Laundry list" entries that include several possible alternative answers are "NOT" acceptable. Submit only one answer per question or question part(if there is a multi-part question) unless the question specifically asks for multiple answers. Thanks.

The TriviaMeisters have decided there will be "NO" limit on the number of times any one person can win a prize. If you know your stuff and are lucky in the draw, you could win as many as 28 prizes!!!:wink:

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
BOY, OH BOY, OH BOY!!!!

ANOTHER SIMPLE ONE!!!

There's the aforementioned Morse Taper 2, common in our lathes
The Morse Taper 1 - in some of the SMALL lathes
The Morse Taper 3 - in a very few LARGE lathes

The "Morse Taper Who Cares" used in the REST of the "Tool World"

If the trivia aint got nutin to do wit pens, I aint gotta no it!!!

Last edited:

DozerMite

Banned
Are we including the metric sizes too?
That will make it much higher than 42.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Is this a trick question? Are we supposed to know how many Randy has in his shop with this one?:)

I think the true answer to this question is................BLUE.

Randy_

z4.gif

Where did you find the photo of Ed?

Haven't seen him look this good in a long time.

Must have caught him he was off the bottle for a couple of hours!!:wink:

hdbblue

The answer is minus 40 - or was that yesterday - so maybe its 1.882 or was that the previous day - no, I know, we change it twice and check the three stickies for the FPP and that Canuck one. - I'm so confused

Pen Maker

Yep, this contest is rigged alright. hdbblue is a whole day ahead of US in the timezone /timewarp continuum ! How else could he have all those correct answers in one single post? Could we get you to buy us a lotto ticket for today?

bitshird

I guess I've got a simple mind cause I know the correct answer, why don't we go for brown & Sharpe tapers next
just remember that Morse tapers are .750 taper per 12.0000 inches isn't that simple
:bananen_smilies027: I knew eventually you'd ask a question I knew the answer to :bananen_smilies027:

GaryMadore

I guess I've got a simple mind cause I know the correct answer, why don't we go for brown & Sharpe tapers next
just remember that Morse tapers are .750 taper per 12.0000 inches isn't that simple
:bananen_smilies027: I knew eventually you'd ask a question I knew the answer to :bananen_smilies027:

Hmmmmm..... I thought it was about .6" taper/12"

... or about 1.3 degrees

.... or about 20:1

But I could be mistaken :)

Cheers!

Gary

bitshird

I guess I better quit smelling that CA, the taper varies from .59858 per ft to .63151 per ft. and several in between I dunno what I wuz thinkin, or thinkin with, I just pulled this out of my old Machinery 25th least I had the number right.

PenAffair

Let's face it. We all know all the answers for these things, but the people winning are the only ones who can get the format of the email correct, as the rest of us are being rejected since we can't put our details in the right boxes!

I reckon someone should write a web site to do IAP Contest entry validation, just like the HTML validators, then we'll all have a fair chance at being hit by the random number generator :biggrin:

Russell.

Pen Maker

Is that what it is? I should start using other peoples screen names.... Make him earn his Meisters Keep ! :eek:)

Pen Maker

I really think it's that blasted, electronical decision making machine he's using. That was an eBay bargain.

Pen Maker

course you know it doesn't help, that my ansirs are incorrect in the first place keeping me out of that electronical 'HAT' !

GaryMadore

What ansirs? There are ansirs?

Ah just been sendin' polite emails - 'bout 50 a day or so, I reckon....

Who in tarnation is this Trivia feller anyway? Ne'er heard of 'im.

Cheers!

Gary

Randy_

You guys are starting to **** me off.:mad::mad: I may have to ask a question like this tomorrow seeing as how everyone seems to thinks the others have been too easy!!​

sc3.gif

sc4.gif

:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:​

Last edited:

Pen Maker

Hey, that's not fair... It's a picture.... how are we supposed to google translate a PHOTO?

THarvey

Quote:
You guys are starting to

And We're only on DAY 6

We are off to a slow start on this one. Usually we can go from zero to rant in a few hours (or seconds).

Top Bottom