IAP 2009 BIRTHDAY BASH TRIVIA CONTEST-24 FEB QUESTION

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fiferb

Welcome
to the Twenty-Fourth day of this year's
IAP TRIVIA CONTEST !!!

You will still have until noon ET of the following day to email your answer for the contest question. Please be sure to include your IAP screen name with your answer so we know who you are.

All entries "postmarked" before noon ET of the contest closing day will be placed in a hat(electronic hat, actually) and two winners selected. Winners will be the first two entries selected at random that are valid and have the correct answer to the contest question. The winners will be announced on contest closing day at 8 P.M. ET (or thereabouts as the TriviaMeister's schedule permits:wink:) and the decision of the TriviaMeister will be final.

To email your answer:..............CLICK HERE
or
(For those who need to enter an email address manually, copy/paste: 747trivia2@penturners.org and DELETE the three leading numerical characters.)

Please show the date and name of the contest in the subject line of your email entry i.e., 24 FEB Trivia. You can copy/paste the preceeding. (This saves time for the TriviaMeister in processing entries.) Also be sure to include your screen name with your answer!!

The prizes you will be competing for today are:

PRIZE: Woodchuck Carbide Scraper, a one of a kind tool made from Show polished 304 Stainless steel with the IAP Logo and the 5th anniversary pen logo. The value is roughly 150.00 and it is the only one that will ever be done. Laser Engraving was also donated by Constant Laubscher of Lazerlinez. Donated by bitshird (Ken).
scraper-5th-aniv.jpg
scraper--2.jpg

PRIZE: Box of pen blanks. Donated by dalecamino.

!!!!!***HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK***!!!!!

Question for day 24.....

When Billy Burt sets his dipped lacquer pens in the 2x4 for drying, what does he make sure happens in relation to the earth's surface.

Email your answer to:....................CLICK HERE

Please show the date and name of the contest in the subject line of your email entry i.e., 24 FEB Trivia. You can copy/paste the preceeding. (This saves time for the TriviaMeister in processing entries.) Also be sure to include your screen name with your answer!!

Note: "Laundry list" entries that include several possible alternative answers are "NOT" acceptable. Submit only one answer per question or question part(if there is a multi-part question) unless the question specifically asks for multiple answers. Thanks.

The TriviaMeisters have decided there will be "NO" limit on the number of times any one person can win a prize. If you know your stuff and are lucky in the draw, you could win as many as 28 prizes!!!:wink:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryMadore

Man, there are going to be a zillion correct answers to this one: EVERYBODY knows that he orients the grain such that the coriolis effect holds the lacquer in place so that it doesn't run or sag.

Less well known is that he actually inverts the barrels when dring them south of the equator - again, using the coriolis effect to prevent runs/sags.

Don't bother to look it up, gang: Feel free to copy/paste my response - I don't mind sharing....

Aint' science fun?

Cheers!

Gary

rej19

If I win that would be 3 times. So I will give it to the one who feels they are most deserving.

Oh, I am sorry I thought this was the liars club contest.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I am hoping to win, but if I don't it will be okay since I have one of these and it is a great tool. The longer shaft is great for bigger hands and I feel I have better control because of it. I don't have a shiny one though and I like shiny stuff.

bitshird

I heard that there will also be a pretty nice solid machined brass ferrule and maybe some extra inserts, but what do I know
my preciousssss

get that damned Hobbit off of my mountain!!

THarvey

So there's still two winners, but only one gets the scraper, right?

Will there be a smackdown to see which of those two gets the big prize? :)

Russell

If you look at some of the pens that Chuck has made, you aren't going to lose either way.

Well, you will loose if you are not one of the two selected by the Random Number Generator. :laugh:

:cat: I think I will send a black cat accross everyone's path. :cat:

tommyd

I don't remember if I put 23 or the 24 in the subject line. Please check and correct if you will.
I really want to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Vic

Bruce...Remember that night in the ville (Tongduchon)? Winning might make me forget. Hey....alls fair in love and tiddly winks....

BruceK

Wow, that scraper is one sweet prize. That would of been a good prize for the donation drawing.

OK I'm due to win a trivia quiz someday, I'm thinking now is a good time.

Good luck to all participants!

bitshird

Wow, that scraper is one sweet prize. That would of been a good prize for the donation drawing.

OK I'm due to win a trivia quiz someday, I'm thinking now is a good time.

Good luck to all participants!

Putting the tool in the Trivia contest was Jeff's call, I wish you all could win it, I even wish I could win it,

Bruce...Remember that night in the ville (Tongduchon)? Winning might make me forget. Hey....alls fair in love and tiddly winks....

I was at Camp Casey, Korea from 1985 to 1988 - they kept declaring me 'mission essential'.
There are plenty of things that I'm sure I have forgotten - and plenty more that I wish I'd forget!!:eek:
Walking the wall back to 1st Tank, Soju punch, paying adashi to do my laundry, and many, many more...

Givin' me chills...

Gregory of StillSpeakTheLanguageToo Forest

Top Bottom