IAP 2009 BIRTHDAY BASH TRIVIA CONTEST-14 FEB QUESTION

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dntrost

Welcome
to the fourteenth day of this year's
IAP TRIVIA CONTEST !!!

OK the rules change slightly now that the new kid is in town (well not really) I will be posting the questions early (since I work for a living at a real job), you will still have until noon ET of the following day to email your answer for the contest question. Please be sure to include your IAP screen name with your answer so we know who you are.​

All entries "postmarked" before noon ET of the contest closing day will be placed in a hat(electronic hat, actually) and two winners selected. Winners will be the first two entries selected at random that are valid and have the correct answer to the contest question. The winners will be announced on contest closing day at 8 P.M. ET (or thereabouts as the TriviaMeister's schedule permits:wink:) and the decision of the TriviaMeister will be final.

To email your answer:..............CLICK HERE
or
(For those who need to enter an email address manually, copy/paste: 747trivia2@penturners.org and DELETE the three leading numerical characters.)

Please show the date and name of the contest in the subject line of your email entry i.e., 14 FEB Trivia. You can copy/paste the preceeding. (This saves time for the TriviaMeister in processing entries.) Also be sure to include your screen name with your answer!!​

The prizes you will be competing for today are:​

$40 Gift Certificate. Donated by Wood-n-Whimsies (Tim/Tracey)

and

Package of pen blanks (18 blanks). Donated by Kelvin.

!!!!!***HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK***!!!!!

Man yesterday was sure fun glad I did not pick on attorneys! And again many tried way too hard to find the trick word so read carefully below today's question
Oh and by the way (GaryMadore, PenMaker) have been disqualified for breaking rule number 1! (don't mess with my dog) And Skye is on the bubble!:mad::mad::wink:

Question for day 14.....​

In 2004 who wrote the article on making copper wire pens? Analyze all eleven words of the question. Process it in your brain? What is he really asking? There has to be a trick? Is the author and the guy who wrote the same guy? Who? Is he really asking for a name here or does he really want the guys social security number for positive ID?

Email your answer to:....................CLICK HERE

Please show the date and name of the contest in the subject line of your email entry i.e., 14 FEB Trivia. You can copy/paste the preceeding. (This saves time for the TriviaMeister in processing entries.) Also be sure to include your screen name with your answer!!​

Note: "Laundry list" entries that include several possible alternative answers are "NOT" acceptable. Submit only one answer per question or question part(if there is a multi-part question) unless the question specifically asks for multiple answers. Thanks.​

The TriviaMeisters have decided there will be "NO" limit on the number of times any one person can win a prize. If you know your stuff and are lucky in the draw, you could win as many as 28 prizes!!!:wink:

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fiferb

Are they starting to get to you Dion?:biggrin:

Man yesterday was sure fun glad I did not pick on attorneys! And again many tried way too hard to find the trick word so read carefully below today's question
Question for day 14.....​

In 2004 who wrote the article on making copper wire pens. Analyze all eleven words of the question. Process it in your brain? What is he really asking? There has to be a trick? Is the author and the guy who wrote the same guy? Who? Is he really asking for a name here or does he really want the guys social security number for positive ID?

great12b4ever

Wow are you lucky!! The Dee Ohh GEE has let you think you are in control for ANOTHER DAY. And you learnt how to spell Engineer. But knowing your devious mind, I am still working thru the tricks and possible pitfalls in todays question. SO far I have only found 5, but there has to be more... there has to be..

Daniel

Careful with this one folks. it is loaded with pitfalls and miss leading phrases. It is completely camouflaged as a question that looks like it is asking simply for a name. When in fact the correct answer is... well, simply a name. Just like Dion to ask a straight forward question just to throw everyone off isn't it.

great12b4ever

I must be on a roll!! I have been disqualified TWO days in a row!!

Dion, you know what they say about us southern guys and the "northern neighbors." :cool::biggrin::devil:

GaryMadore

Careful with this one folks. it is loaded with pitfalls and miss leading phrases. It is completely camouflaged as a question that looks like it is asking simply for a name. When in fact the correct answer is... well, simply a name. Just like Dion to ask a straight forward question just to throw everyone off isn't it.

You jest, but careful analysis of the question revealed a thinly disguised trap: Dion said to read the "eleven" words of the question, but if you spell out "two thousand and four" ...

See? He IS diabolical. Or, rather, perhaps the Dee-Oh-Gee is ;)

;) <---- Dion, this smiley is NOT making fun of your dog! LOL

Cheers!

Gary

JimB

You jest, but careful analysis of the question revealed a thinly disguised trap: Dion said to read the "eleven" words of the question, but if you spell out "two thousand and four" ...

See? He IS diabolical. Or, rather, perhaps the Dee-Oh-Gee is ;)

;) <---- Dion, this smiley is NOT making fun of your dog! LOL

Cheers!

Gary

It gets even trickier... 2004 is a number so maybe this is a 10 word question. This is going to take a lot of thought.

GaryMadore

It gets even trickier... 2004 is a number so maybe this is a 10 word question. This is going to take a lot of thought.

Egad! You're right! Yet another angle to be considered... Where, oh where is Pythagoras when we need him?

Dion, I'm beginning to think that you're not as dumb as you look.....

Cheers!

Gary

Pen Maker

It was Barney Fife, he wrote the article Feb, 29th 2003 a whole year before IAP was established as a legitimate internet address. He registered his procedure with Al Gore the inventor of the internet by sending his note via the United State Postal Service which delivered the package before he even sent it out, then he went to SAM's Club for a cheesecake snack. On the way home he stopped at Wally-world and picked up epoxy! That Barney sure is multi-tasking. Just to make sure.... No Copper Wire was harmed in any way in the making of this post.

GaryMadore

It was Barney Fife, he wrote the article Feb, 29th 2003 a whole year before IAP was established as a legitimate internet address. He registered his procedure with Al Gore the inventor of the internet by sending his note via the United State Postal Service which delivered the package before he even sent it out, then he went to SAM's Club for a cheesecake snack. On the way home he stopped at Wally-world and picked up epoxy! That Barney sure is multi-tasking. Just to make sure.... No Copper Wire was harmed in any way in the making of this post.

Oh WAY to ruin the suspense for everyone.

Dang: I thought I had this one in the bag, then you come along with the same ansir.

Dang

Cheers!

Gary

P.S. How come you ain't picked up your Valentine yet?

Pen Maker

P.S. How come you ain't picked up your Valentine yet?
I did already. I got her a vacuum cleaner!

I'm in the emergency room right now! Doctor said it should separate easily enough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
this message sent from my blackberry

Daniel

Was he an engineer????
From what I have heard, he was an Engine Foot when he first started out. Spent a short time as a Engine chin before making his way up to an Engine nose. not sure if he ever made it round to being an engine ear or not.

THarvey

Daniel,
Thanks for leaving my dog out of this! :biggrin:

PS: I might not count that good but I think I might only have one correct answer so far.... What do you think about that?

Was it from one of the "disqualified" members?

I wonder who wins the random number generator for one entry?

Pen Maker

I'm thinking a fairer contest will be for us to guess who the winners will be for each day. So for tomorrow I'm pickin Daniel and Monty !!! (psst... he just had his laig whacked on. Could use a lil Pick Me Up!). <wink><wink>

Pen Maker

now THAT's entertainment.. Ladies and Gentlemen don't forget to tip your waiters and waitresses !!!!

Top Bottom