IAP 2009 BIRTHDAY BASH TRIVIA CONTEST-13 FEB QUESTION

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dntrost

Welcome
to the Thirteenth day of this year's
IAP TRIVIA CONTEST !!!

OK the rules change slightly now that the new kid is in town (well not really) I will be posting the questions early (since I work for a living at a real job), you will still have until noon ET of the following day to email your answer for the contest question. Please be sure to include your IAP screen name with your answer so we know who you are.​

All entries "postmarked" before noon ET of the contest closing day will be placed in a hat(electronic hat, actually) and two winners selected. Winners will be the first two entries selected at random that are valid and have the correct answer to the contest question. The winners will be announced on contest closing day at 8 P.M. ET (or thereabouts as the TriviaMeister's schedule permits:wink:) and the decision of the TriviaMeister will be final.

To email your answer:..............CLICK HERE
or
(For those who need to enter an email address manually, copy/paste: 747trivia2@penturners.org and DELETE the three leading numerical characters.)

Please show the date and name of the contest in the subject line of your email entry i.e., 13 FEB Trivia. You can copy/paste the preceeding. (This saves time for the TriviaMeister in processing entries.) Also be sure to include your screen name with your answer!!​

The prizes you will be competing for today are:​

15-20 blanks of woods native to (or commonly found in) the state or province in the continental N. America that the winner is from . The very best that I have, from a pen appearance perspective, not blank appearance, as some may be irregular branches . Some may be of hard to get woods, and may be plainer in appearance. Donated by 1080Wayne.

and

PRIZE: $25 Gift Certificate. Donated by Exoticblanks.com (Ed4Copies)

!!!!!***HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK***!!!!!

OK here is another fairly easy question although yesterdays question did get several WRONG answers. The question below is to help get you familiar with some of the functionality of our site...

Question for day 13.....​

How many Engineers joined IAP in 2008? Note any and all engineers, including retired.
Ok also looking for all of those great engineer jokes as well!:rolleyes::eek:

Based on feedback some clarity to the question! If you answered and would like to try again please do so!!!! Geese these are not trick questions and some of you think way too hard! I am only looking for those that list Engineer in their ocupation on IAP and joined in the year 2008. I did not call everyone to see if they were engineers and count them, I did not search every BIO to see if they want to be engineer or were in a previous life. I did not try to spell it seven differant ways example: Engr

Email your answer to:....................CLICK HERE

Please show the date and name of the contest in the subject line of your email entry i.e., 13 FEB Trivia. You can copy/paste the preceeding. (This saves time for the TriviaMeister in processing entries.) Also be sure to include your screen name with your answer!!​

Note: "Laundry list" entries that include several possible alternative answers are "NOT" acceptable. Submit only one answer per question or question part(if there is a multi-part question) unless the question specifically asks for multiple answers. Thanks.​

The TriviaMeisters have decided there will be "NO" limit on the number of times any one person can win a prize. If you know your stuff and are lucky in the draw, you could win as many as 28 prizes!!!:wink:

Last edited:

GoodTurns

get your entries in! I have been the lucky recipient of a couple of 1080Wayne's packages and you will definitely be left shaking your head saying stuff like "how'd he get that?" or "the backstory makes this a really cool blank" always neat stuff.

GoodTurns

3 engineers are debating what type of engineer God must be in order to have designed the human body. The first says he must have been a mechanical engineer in order to design all of those joints and structures. The second says "not bad, but I think he is an electrical engineer. Just look at the millions of connections and signals sent throughout the body". The third looks ups and says "You're both wrong. He is a civil engineer." The first two start laughing at the third, noting that civil engineers generally work with land use and site design. The third gent looks them both in the eyes and says "Who else but a civil engineer would run a toxic waste disposal line straight through a recreational area?"

Last edited:

dgscott

So an engineer is standing on a street corner when a guy rides up in a gorgeous custom motorcycle. "Wow," the engineer says, "where did you get the bike?"

"Well, I was standing in front of my house and a beautiful blonde rides up on this bike, takes off all her clothes, and says, 'You can have anything you want!' So I took the bike!"

"Smart move," the engineer says, "the clothes probably wouldn't have fit you."

hdbblue

This is a good question unless a number of engineers that haven't filled in their occupation on their profiles decide to update today. So the answer will have to be *** plus however many change their profiles today :)

Harvey

MyKidsDad

I don't want to complain too loudly because it is a contest to win free things after all but there is too much left to interpretation in some of these "trivia" questions in my opinion.

For instance, you specifically point out to include retired engineers. What about the people that have something about engineering in their biography but currently hold another job?

dntrost

I don't want to complain too loudly because it is a contest to win free things after all but there is too much left to interpretation in some of these "trivia" questions in my opinion.

For instance, you specifically point out to include retired engineers. What about the people that have something about engineering in their biography but currently hold another job?

Geese these are not trick questions and some of you think way too hard! I am only looking for those that list Engineer in their ocupation on IAP and joined in the year 2008. I did not call everyone to see if they were engineers and count them, I did not search every BIO to see if they want to be engineer or were in a previous life. I did not try to spell it seven differant ways example: Engr

I am assuming past trivia contest were meant to trick folks again I am not that SMART!!!!! JUST HAVE FUN in most cases I do not throw your answer out if it is close and I can give you a hint!

NAW that wouldn't be fair!

mrcook4570

Hey Dion - I have an idea on how to select the winner. Put everybody's name in a hat (regardless of whether or not they answered the question correctly) except mine. Now throw the hat away and pick a winner from the remaining names :biggrin:

Stan: That sounds like a solution an engineer would select.:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

hdbblue

There are number that indicate retired engineer in their biography

And some of us don't :)

Harvey

(but I didn't join in 2008 :) )

Last edited:

GaryMadore

Dearest TriviaMeister,

Please have a look at the detailed answer I just sent in: This question isn't nearly as easy to answer as it may seem.

Thanks,

Cheers!

Gary (did a lot of work, and probably got it wrong anyway, but I AM feeling rather smug (grin))

dntrost

Ok, I submitted my answer. You gotta read it! There could be a snag I caught! :bananen_smilies104:

Skye! Are you an engineer! Damn try again no tricks how many joined in 2008 that list engineer as their occupation there are two answers I am accepting and yours was neither of them! :biggrin::confused:

dntrost

Dearest TriviaMeister,

Please have a look at the detailed answer I just sent in: This question isn't nearly as easy to answer as it may seem.

Thanks,

Cheers!

Gary (did a lot of work, and probably got it wrong anyway, but I AM feeling rather smug (grin))

YOU ARE RIGHT YOU GOT IT WRONG READ MY RESPONCES ABOVE AND TRY AGIAN!:biggrin:

dntrost

Geese these are not trick questions and some of you think way too hard! I am only looking for those that list Engineer in their ocupation on IAP and joined in the year 2008. I did not call everyone to see if they were engineers and count them, I did not search every BIO to see if they want to be engineer or were in a previous life. I did not try to spell it seven differant ways example: Engr
I am assuming past trivia contest were meant to trick folks again I am not that SMART!!!!!

Please READ!!!

Pen Maker

Put me down for all values from negative infinity through positive infinity

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

E N G I N E E R A L E R T ! ! ! ! !

Pen Maker

aaah, Artificial Intelligence... a topic I'm familar with.. yes I work in Government.. Why do you ask ?

Skye

So, if someone neglects to post it in their bio but says they're an engineer in a post, do I count that person? I'm a bit confused.

rej19

Not answering today!

I will not be entering todays contest. I am enjoying my previous winnings and don't have time to figure it out. Should give some others a chance. I can't believe I just typed this. I am terrible. But I will be back.

Pen Maker

if the lathe is taken, and the chucks are taken.... can I have the little square sticks? They would make great railroad ties for an ' O ' scaler.

Top Bottom