20% Off at Alumilite.com!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
We are excited to offer a 20% birthday discount to the IAP family and wish IAP a sincere and Happy 5th Birthday! We wish to contribute to the birthday celebrations by offering a 20% discount of online orders placed with Alumilite now through the end of March. Promotional Code "penturner". Happy Birthday IAP!

Mike Faupel
Alumilite
www.alumilite.com

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey Curtis,

Will Alumilite freeze if it hits zero degree fahrenheit docks?

(In other words, can it safely be shipped to Wisconsin this time of year??)

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Don't know the answer to this, Ed. It is being shipped from Kalamazoo, Michigan so I would bet it is cold there too! Down here in Texas, it is pretty darn cold also. It is supposed to get down to 35 F tonight.

Alumilite

Hello Ed,

Under extreme conditions for long periods of time it is possible but even through the coldest periods this winter (a couple weeks ago) we did not have any issues with freezing. We do recommend allowing the material to warm back up to room temperature prior to using for the most consistant results.

Mike
Alumilite
800 447-9344

GouletPens

I ordered it, got it, and cast several things already. I was using artstuf powders and they were looking chunky, so I got some pearlex and that stuff is awesome looking! I'm now officially addicted to worthless wood casting. Thanks Curtis!!!!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
There is .554 mixed ounces of Alumilite per cubic inch. Here is an example to figure out your yeild: assume 3/4" square blank 5 1/2" long.

.75 x .75 x 5.5 = 3.0938 cubic inches.
3.0938 x .554 = 1.714 ounces per blank of this size.
16 / 1.714 = 9.3349 blanks per 16 oz

Of course this does not accomodate for the kerf of the blade you use to cut the blanks to size but if you do them one at a time, you should get 9+ blanks. If you use a 1/8" kerf blade, you will waste .2855 ounces of resin in the kerf of the blade. Therefore, if you take the resin needed for each blank and add the resin needed for the kerf of the blade, you end up needing 1.9995 ounces of resin for each blank!

In other words, if everything is perfect, you will get 8 blanks of the size shown above out of 16 oz of resin.

USAFVET98

I cant wait to try alumilite. I dont like the PR. As soon as I get the money, im ordering some. Any advise for a beginner Curtis? Could you make me up a list of everything I need to get started when you get a chance? I know you work with the stuff often, so I really trust your judgement.

Top Bottom