Richmond Chapter.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jimofsanston

Ok lets everyone start using this site for the Richmond chapter info. Bill if you talk with Ray at Woodcrafters ask him what days we could use the class room. maybe a weekend for everyone to travel a lot easier?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GouletPens

Can you please post IF you are submitting an entry here?

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42175&highlight=collaboration

I admit, this is a shameless plug to drum up the birthday bash but hey...I have to work for my money right? :devil:

(wait a minute we forgot to discuss that detail :eek:.....hey Cav..!)
Yeah, we'll see about that.....right now we need to collaborate to even HAVE a chapter! We may not have it together enough to compete for anything anytime soon.:tongue:

jimofsanston

We need to get with Ray at the Woodcrafters to see when the room will be available to use. Lets get the first meeting together and then run it by everyone on how often we meet. I would like to try and do it on a weekend so the people at the Beach and roanoke area can make it if they want to and others out of the area. Maybe we can get DCBluesman to come and help out at the first run?

GouletPens

This weekend is going to be ruff for me its TAX time..... OH JOY JOY.:rolleyes:
I think this weekend is going to be a *little* short notice for everyone. We'll need at least a few week's notice, if not more (especially since we haven't talked to Ray yet. I know they have a lot of classes at Woodcraft on the weekends, so we may have to dance around that quite a bit. For instance, next weekend there is a Woodworking Fundamentals class Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 4:30pm, and Woodcraft closes soon after that. I have the Woodcraft sales flyer right here and just glancing at it there is no Saturday or Sunday free at Woodcraft from now through March (and probably beyond that, but that's as far as the flyer dates to). I see Woodcraft only being a feasible meeting place if its done during the week. Even then, the Wednesdays and Thursday sometimes have classes, or other clubs meeting. The weekends are all taken up, so if the meeting time is going to be on the weekend it's going to have to be at a different location. Sorry to poop on everyone's baby!!

jimofsanston

Places

Well lets toss some other locations we can meet at. Public library maybe? we need to decide first when and where the first meeting will be. any ideas?

jimofsanston

Another Idea Techno geek.

If we can't get a first meeting on a weekend at Woodcrafters Maybe we still have it and pull off a video conference meeting ( high tech hey). We all have a computer or is someone getting on the net telaphatlicly ( sorry for the spelling).

RHunter

Local Chapter Leader
Jim,

Skype charges for video conferencing more than one person, but think about oovo.

It looks like it's free for up to 6, not sure how many Richmond folks you can get in your local chapter...

Maybe even getting together at the next Richmond Turners to start the ball rolling? Certainly you could float the idea past Ray since he is usually there anyway...

-Doug

jimofsanston

Talking to Ray at Woodcrafters?

I am in Baltimore till tuesday night. Has anyone been able to talk to Ray at woodcrafter to see when we could use the class room? Who would like to take the lead on getting with Ray?

Bill Sampson

Jim,

I did speak with Ray today and he is very workable to set a meeting time with a group to meet at WoodCraft. However it will have to be an evening slot during the week, preferably on Thursday, as the store is open until nine each Thur. He is planning to add another meeting room in the future which could open a time on Saturday, but it probably won't happen until summer.
Ray said he would like you to call him to discuss the possibility of meeting at his store to work out a time that will accomodate a group in central Va.

Bill. Richmond

GouletPens

Jim,

I did speak with Ray today and he is very workable to set a meeting time with a group to meet at WoodCraft. However it will have to be an evening slot during the week, preferably on Thursday, as the store is open until nine each Thur. He is planning to add another meeting room in the future which could open a time on Saturday, but it probably won't happen until summer.
Ray said he would like you to call him to discuss the possibility of meeting at his store to work out a time that will accomodate a group in central Va.

Bill. Richmond
I know the 3rd Thursday of every month is occupied by the AAW club, and sometimes there are random classes on Thursday, but maybe the 1st Thursday of the month? I don't know how often everyone is going to want to meet, but if it's monthly it would be much easier to have it on a regular schedule.:confused:

GouletPens

Also, I know Ray gives a 10% discount on all non-power tool purchases to AAW members on the night of the meeting....maybe we could work out something similar? Couldn't hurt to ask, and it would also encourage people to go to the meetings.

Top Bottom