Pens for the troops

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jimofsanston

Hey everyone i was looking at one of the other chapters post about woodcrafters backing a pens for troops day of turning. What if we approach our local store and see if they would be interested to back one near the Veterans day time frame on a weekend? Maybe get some media exposure to our chapter. :question::question::question:

philipff

I have seen years of abuse of this project, including some guy on an aircraft carrier asking for 5,000 for "his troops". Having commanded such a vessel I will tell you that not one person on a ship that size needs a custom made pen- -nor was the request from anyone in authority. Guys in the foxholes- - -yes- - -but they have been "covered" for years. Philip

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Philip, There is nothing that annoys me more than someone abusing this type of program. For the past several years my family has been sending pens to members of our family that is doing time in Iraq. If you would feel better aboout them being sent directly, my son and my nephew are both over there and hand out all pens at no cost to any troop they come in contact with, both US and Allieds. If I can be of assistance with anything, please feel free to get hold of me and we can talk about it.
Thanks, Neil

Top Bottom