Chantilly Woodworking Show

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rodsaw

Here's the info on the woodworking show in Chantilly-

When: March 27-29
Where: Dulles Expo Center
Web: http://www.thewoodworkingshows.com

If you scroll down the first page of the website, there is a coupon for $2 off one admission or a free spouse ticket. The regular ticket price is $9.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MDWine

Woo Hoo!! I finally have a job and have a few dollars saved just for the show!

Stop by the Northern Virginia Carvers booth Saturday between 2:00 and 4:00 and say hello! ... or I'll be hanging around the Capital Area Woodturners booth too!

GouletPens

I'm definitely going to try to go...my inlaws live in Centreville, about 15 minutes from the Dulles Expo Center (free lodging!!). My wife and I are going to see if it'll work out in our schedule. For those of us that go, we should make up a nametag with out IAP s/n and avatar so we can recognize each other!!

RHunter

Local Chapter Leader
I was looking for an excuse not to go, but when I found out on Thursday Barry Gross was going to be there- how can one not resist?

Brian, I like the name tag idea, but those of us who don't have avatars- well I guess I'll leave mine blank. Nevermind, just got one...

See you guys there!

Do we want to hook up for lunch on Saturday somewhere? I'm only going up on Saturday too.

-DD

Last edited:

MDWine

. . . I like the name tag idea, but those of us who don't have avatars . . .

I don't think most of us would recognize the avatars... I plan on printing a name tag with the IAP logo on it, and my user name, and my "regular" name. I think the IAP logo would grab your attention, at least it does for me.

Something like:

iap_logo.jpg
MDWine

(of course, everything would centered and aligned, this is just an example)

I'm looking at purchasing a small package of stick on labels just for the purpose.

Last edited:

Berkley

My son and I plan to go Sat.. I have talked to a couple of others from the meeting about carpooling up and have room for 3 or 4 more in my truck. we will be leaving from the mechanicsville area.
Berkley
Mechanicsville,VA.

MDWine

I'll be sitting at the Northern Virginia Woodcarver's table between 2:00 and 4:00 that day, and probably hanging around Capital Area Woodturner's most of the time until closing! C'mon by and say HOWDY!! (well, you don't have to say "HOWDY", but come by and chat! )

GouletPens

I'll be sitting at the Northern Virginia Woodcarver's table between 2:00 and 4:00 that day, and probably hanging around Capital Area Woodturner's most of the time until closing! C'mon by and say HOWDY!! (well, you don't have to say "HOWDY", but come by and chat! )
Howdy? What is this Texas? JK

GouletPens

As far as I'm concerned, the 'South' is when you go into a restaurant and order iced tea, and it comes sweetened!! If it comes unsweetened, you're in the North. It's funny b/c I live here in Richmond, which is sweet tea territory. Go up to Fredericksburg and they'll start to ask if you want sweet or unsweet, and by the time to make it up to Northern VA (where my inlaws live), you have to ask them to make it sweet at most places. That's my guage!!:tongue:

rjwolfe3

As far as I'm concerned, the 'South' is when you go into a restaurant and order iced tea, and it comes sweetened!! If it comes unsweetened, you're in the North.

ROFL - Brian that is so true. I used to live in NC and my wife is from GA and it so hard to get good sweet tea up here. Most want to put lemon in it too, bleh. My wife makes awesome sweet tea - makes ya bounce with one cup! Now I did grow up on sun-sweetened tea which was pretty good.

RHunter

Local Chapter Leader
Barry Gross in Chantilly

OK,

It was mentioned during our meeting that Barry Gross was going to be in Chantilly- Yea! :)

Now, does anyone know when he is going to be there and demonstating, or is he manning a booth all weekend, or what?

My time frame is limited that weekend :frown: (which is why I haven't responded to the carpool posts) so I'd like to go when he is there and demonstrating.

Thx!

-Doug

MDWine

I made this from an Avery package, 74652. I was going to try the sticky label type, but for about 7.00 I can make 24 of these! Maybe I can use the leftovers for a NoVa meeting.

Hope to see you at the Chantilly Show!!

1_smnamebadge.jpg

Berkley

OK,

It was mentioned during our meeting that Barry Gross was going to be in Chantilly- Yea! :)

Now, does anyone know when he is going to be there and demonstating, or is he manning a booth all weekend, or what?

My time frame is limited that weekend :frown: (which is why I haven't responded to the carpool posts) so I'd like to go when he is there and demonstrating.

Thx!

-Doug
we are leaving at 9am sat. if you want to ride up.

MDWine

I looked at the schedule for demontrations/seminars, and didn't see Barry listed at all. I think that only means he is not "scheduled" to demo or teach.

Last year he had a booth, and demonstrated "on his own", I don't think he had any specific schedule... I could be wrong.

I looked at his site, and there's not much there, not even an email address.

My bet is that he is "just there" and is in his booth doing his thing.

I found his booth in pretty much the same location as last year...
http://cms.thewoodworkingshows.com/cms/ExhibitorCenter/FloorPlans/Chantilly/tabid/127/Default.aspx

Last edited:

RHunter

Local Chapter Leader
Berkley,

I'd love to ride with or convoy up on Saturday- but with SWMBO and daughter in Fun Run part of the 10K and her quilting- I got "volunteered" to go to the Show on Friday- so I have to take a day off work (is that sooo bad? :cool:)

Any one here going to be there on Friday?

-Doug

Top Bottom