Class: Eudicots

Order: Proteales

Family: Proteaceae

Tribe: Knightieae

Genus: Knightia

Species: Knightea excelsa

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pen Maker

I went with Balsa for three straight weeks and didn't win a dang thang. This week I'm going with....

Petrified

marcruby

After deep meditation I've decided that doing a lot or research only to have a certain person cop my guess I decided to cop his instead. sooo.

Knightea excelsa aka rewarewa aka 'that damned bush with all the bees on it..."

Marc

UKpenmaker

Latin Knightia excelsa
Common Rewarewa

Its taken me all week, pouring over books, looking at web sites, checking the grain pattern on the blank and i think i've got it.:embarrassed::devil:

This is the liars contest isn't it.:mad-tongue:

GaryMadore

After deep meditation I've decided that doing a lot or research only to have a certain person cop my guess I decided to cop his instead. sooo.

Knightea excelsa aka rewarewa aka 'that damned bush with all the bees on it..."

Marc

hehehehehehehehehehehehheheheehehehheheheheheheheheheheheheehe

Hey, I didn't cop your guess, per se, I just hopped on board with rarest response - I figured that, if by some miracle it turned out to be the right answer, my odds of winning the coin-toss would be improved.

Genius, n'est ce pas?

heh heh

Welcome aboard Marc, but if "we" are right and the number generator shines on me again I will not be able to share the blanks with everyone this time because there are too many good answers. But maybe I'll send ya one of the cat poo blanks instead ;)

Cheers!

Gary

Rarest wood

WELL NOT LONG NOW AND ALL WILL BE REVEALED............

dont bother with the bafters or the oscars or tonys or whatever if Gary madore wins this again we will call all other wood ID quiz's on the IAP the

"GARYS"

I will use the same random number generator as before in the presence of Obama , the encumbant Pope and and anyone else I can pull off the street to see that its fair. this will take place tomorrow morning before I go out on saturday morning.
as of now there is still time to change your mind. just a question are you sure you are correct and just not copied everyone else:confused:

Rarest wood

AND THE WINNER IS!

Here are your random numbers:

</pre> Timestamp: 2009-02-28 08:08:37 UTC

THE WINNER IS rjwolfe3

well here is the winner sad to say for gary the random number generator didnt shine on him this time the generation was done in the presence of witnesses including my wife. a good mention should go to Bob for getting it first. but well done mr wolfe thanks to all for taking part Ive enjoyed it. perhaps now some of you could put up some strange bits of wood and broaden our horizions even more. youlle be sent the prize in due course and we would love to see the pens you make from the blanks of course
DAVE

GaryMadore

WooHOO Rob!

I'm glad you won: If the RNG* pointed to me again, I expected a bunch of pissed-off turners to be knocking at my door.... heh

Thanks a BILLION to Dave and Ed for making this excellent contest possible. It was a LOT of fun.

Cheers!

Gary

* Random Number Generator

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
First off, Congratulations! to Rob for breaking through the Madore Dominance!!:biggrin::biggrin:

I have all of the blanks and was waiting to mail them to see if they all just went to Gary. :eek: Gary, Phil and Rob, I had planned to get them in the mail today, but as usual around here I was outvoted 1 to 1. Nancy has me chored out! I will do my best to get them mailed out on Monday.

tim self

Wait, let me guess. I can't be to late. Or can I!!!

Rewarewa/New Zealand Honeysuckle.

Knightia excelsa

Oh well, congrats Rob!

Last edited:

marcruby

It was much easier to lay back and steal someone else's guess. If you're gonna lose it's better to do it sitting back with a single malt and a good book!

Marc

bobskio2003

I want to thank Dave for supplying the blanks and clues and for all those that made this contest really interesting. I can't promise anything now but next year, if no one else wants to supply the blanks and clues I might be willing to give it a whirl. Thanks again, Bob I.

Top Bottom