Liars Club Contest WINNERS!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

melogic

Well, The results are in.
I would first like to thank everyone for participating in this years IAP Liars Club Contest. I have listed the winners below and I have attached a pdf document with all of the entries in it and the person that submitted them with their IAP screen name. I also want to thank the judges, you know who you are. :wink:

**1st Place Winner**
of
Heritance - DCBluesman
1. Five-pack of calligraphy (dip) pen components (Retail $50)
1. Ten-pack of vacuum-type converters (5 long and 5 short) (Retail $80)​

is​

Paul Dion (mostangrypirate)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

**2nd Place Winner**
of
bobskio2003
Envelope of pen blanks​

is​

Andrew Jordan (maxwell_smart007)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

**3rd Place Winner**
of
Klingspor
Large bargain-box of gold sandpaper​

is​

Russell Hansen (Pen Affair)

Attachments

• 2009 Liars Club Entries.pdf
    148 KB · Views: 317
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Wow, I didn't think it would be in prizes at all, but I certainly appreciate the silver medal! Thanks in advance to Bob, to Mark for running the contest, to the academy of judges, and to Ed for his hard work arranging for prize delivery! Oh crap, they're playing the music!! I'd also like to thank....

Edited: It wasn't evident that I was kidding, so I edited my post; didn't want anyone to think I was ungrateful! Yay, I won a prize!! :biggrin:

Last edited:

THarvey

Jeepers, I demand a recount! There's no way that tripe I submitted won second place - are you sure you didn't mean 'last'? :)

Seriously, I didn't think it would be in the top ten at all; I didn't have time to write a good one this year, so I had to rush it in one teaching prep, but I certainly appreciate the silver medal anyway! Thanks in advance to Bob, to Mark for running the contest, to the academy of judges, and to Ed for his hard work arranging for prize delivery! Oh crap, they're playing the music!! I'd also like to thank....

Andrew,

The first post is obviously a lie. After all this is the liars contest.

He really meant that I won the contest. :biggrin:

Bob, just send the prize over to me. :present:

dntrost

OK I know one of the judges and your story was real good! :confused:

Is this a lie? Does he even know a judge? Yes but only because he has to go before him to defend himself! Wait this is about Andrew!
Way to go you finally won a damn contest just be quite and take your prize!:biggrin::biggrin::wink:

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
OK I know one of the judges and your story was real good! :confused:

I was just kidding around - didn't mean to sound ungrateful, I just didn't think my story was that great; but then again, I'm also more critical about my own pens than others are....

But, unlike in the Trivia contest, submitting your response on a fifty-dollar bill helps in the liar's club contest! :) Unfortunately, I guess they noticed that it was a Canadian fifty, hence the second place prize! :wink:

dntrost

**1st Place Winner**
of
Heritance - DCBluesman
1. Five-pack of calligraphy (dip) pen components (Retail $50)
1. Ten-pack of vacuum-type converters (5 long and 5 short) (Retail $80)​

is​

Paul Dion (mostangrypirate)

Hey did I win half of prize with my cousin Paul??? I am confused I didn't enter can't be someone else in this cult with a last name the same as my first name Can there?????:confused::confused:

PenAffair

Woohoo! 3rd prize!

I'd like to thank the academy, the producers & directors, the script writer, my agent and my darling wife & children.

Oh and thanks especially to the sponsors, without who the prizes would be... not.

Russell.

PenAffair

Oh I just read through the 1st & 2nd place guys. Great job, well deserved. Andrew, I must admit I was beginning to wonder what your story had to do with pens until I got to the punchline. Classic, would do Dave Allen proud.

Oh BTW, my story has several cryptic references to fictional & non fictional events & people. If anyone wants the hitchhikers guide to my story, feel free to ask :wink:

Russell.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
OK guys, your prizes are all being shipped to me.

I decided since you're just a bunch of liars, you don't deserve them.

In the spirit of the event --- all donors notified and the winners can guess whether I kept them all, or not.

Gosh:redface: I was so happy to see that I even placed, to show my gratidude. my appologies. I really do appreciate the fact that there are even contests, let alone...prizes. This is a great place to be, and I even said so, before I won something. oh and by the way I spit soda out my nose when I finally read the punchline for 2nd place. that was fricken great.
incidentally....I may have 1. Five-pack of calligraphy (dip) pen components (Retail $50)
1. Ten-pack of vacuum-type converters (5 long and 5 short) (Retail $80)
....that I may be willing to trade. no promises. I've never used those kits, but maybe I'll give them a shot now. thanks again to everyone who makes this site what it is.

Top Bottom