Let's Get Ready to Party!!!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Welcome to our 5th birthday celebration. For us old timers, it is hard to believe that the IAP is 5 years old. Time has flown, and we have grown far beyond the wildest imaginings of our founding members. At the time of this posting, we have 6,711 members, of which 2,078 are considered active members.

As you know, Jeff has elected to move the Birthday Bash to February so that the holidays don't conflict with the Bash or your preparation for the contests that we will be having all month long. Soon, I will be posting a calendar of events for the Bash. It has been revised so many times I would have killed a redwood if it had been done on paper instead of on the screen! After a few more touches, it will be ready for prime time.

We have some of the usual contests this year and also some new ones. The contests our longer term members will recognize are Liars Club, Daily Trivia, Ugly Pen Contest and Pen and Pen Turners Match Game.

This year we are introducing some new contests. They will be Best New Article Contest, Best Product Review Contest, Best Avatar Contest, Blank Identification Contest, New Turner Pen Contest, Pen Photography Contest, Slim Line Pen Contest and Drum Roll please, Chapter Collaboration Contest!

We also will have an event similar to when college students flushed every toilet on campus at the same time!! :eek: This will be the "Most Members Online" Contest. Information will be forthcoming as to when every member possible is to log onto the site. That way we can set a record for most members online at one time. This is planned to be an annual event and it is hoped a new record is set every year.

Last and far from least, we will have the Donation Drawing. Our Fearless Leader, Jeff will run this event. He is, with some expert help from our very own Secret Agent Man Maxwell Smart007, collecting some awesome prizes. Everyone who makes a donation in the amount to be decided by Jeff during the Birthday Bash will be entered in the donation drawing. In the past, there have been questions about donations made during the year being eligible for the donation drawing. To avoid any questions, I am making the decision that only donations made during the Bash are eligible for the Donation Drawing. Anyone who does not approve that decision is directed to the Pat Benatar's 1996 album "Back to Back Hits." :wink::)

So, again, welcome to the Birthday Bash and get those lies, avatars, pens, photographs, articles and anything else that fits the contests ready to go!!!!!!

Last edited:

DocStram

A couple of questions about the Bash.

Hey ... I have a couple of questions about the Bash.

1. Do you gotta be an IAP member to enter the contests?

2. Do we ever really get to "bash" somebody or is that just some catchy phrase?

3. Did you say that you wanted all of the IAP members to use the bathroom at the same time? Like, you want us to take our laptops in their with us???

4. Is that Ugly Pen Contest really for the ugliest penturner???

5. About that Pen Turners Match Game .... is that going to be like some kind of new online dating service for IAP members??

6. Is there really going to be a Drum Roll Contest? I don't get it.

melogic

Doc,
I thought you only had a couple questions?

But I am curious as to how all of the IAP members are going to get on the same line at the same time if this is an internet based club?

Top Bottom