Freestyle Pen Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

OOOPS! I missed that observation Steve..but you are correct.

200 deg C for 1 hour and made from bolts...those must be cheap recycled Japanese bolts to melt at that temperature. Sounds like your pen won't stand up to the heat exuded by all the other hot heads in this room!

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
OOOPS! I missed that observation Steve..but you are correct.

200 deg C for 1 hour and made from bolts...those must be cheap recycled Japanese bolts to melt at that temperature. Sounds like your pen won't stand up to the heat exuded by all the other hot heads in this room!
Just wait until Skipwife finds bolts and heavens knows what else came from the dumpster in her oven. Don't think will need to worry about this entry!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Oh Boy!!!! I'm in the crap, BIG style!!!:redface:

I made my pen and filled the deep cuts with gold glass paint. I followed the intructions and stuck it in the oven ( the missus was marking some school papers upstairs ) Well, long story short, the paint boiled and burnt and stank the kitchen out. I was made to clean the entire stove, hob and even the damned extractor!!!!! Jeesh!!!!

I dug out the crappy gold junk and filled it with blue glitter and CA. But I wanted gold to match the nib.

Not sure if this is a Sponge Bob Slayer or not but it's my second and so last entry. It's also gone midnight and I need my beauty sleep:biggrin:

Attachments

• Bobslayer1.jpg
    Bobslayer1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 358
  • Bobslayer2.jpg
    Bobslayer2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 377

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I don't know if that's a slayer or not .. I can't really see it that good.
You should send it to me so I can see it up close. Make sure you write
your return address on the box. I'll make sure I have my glasses on so I
can see where to return it.
.. now where did I put those glasses..? :cool:

ok, it looks great..

ldb2000

Bruce , Beautiful job on that one , I think the sword is fantastic . I know the white is Alt Ivory but what is the blue stuff .
Mrs Skiprat will make sure that skippy will pay for his LAST entry :eek:
Guys , don't worry about old squishy fish pants ..... I have a plan :biggrin:
Mine is comming , just have to add some finishing touches to my first entry , I hope to post it tonight , but my second won't be ready for a couple of days .

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Had to use this once before, but looks like its still working. Poor chap - didn't have a chance against the magic.
attachment.jpg

Attachments

• Voodoo.jpg
    Voodoo.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 586

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hey Captain Hogwash, your VooDoo didn't work then and won't work now!!!!:mad:

However, it sure won't be me that wins as I don't have enough money to bribe the judges, so use your Hocus Pocus on the damned sponge will ya??:biggrin:

Have you tried to spread any of that peanut butter with that Lucky Packet sword yet:rotfl:

ldb2000

OK I can finally get this posted , I had issues with this one , all better now .
OK skippy how's this one sunshine :tongue::biggrin: .
This pen is made from some of Dario's Philippine Persimmons , thanks Dario I love this stuff . Some of Ed's Alternative Ivory , Thanks Ed , and one of Lou's Flex Nibs , Thanks Lou I need to order some more Nibs . I ain't takin no chances :biggrin: and some Brass bits I had laying around :rolleyes: .

1_Freestyle1a.jpg

1_Freestyle1b.jpg

As always , comments welcome

Last edited:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Cheap shot, B(insert your selected vowel here)tch!!!!!!!:mad:
Your blatant efforts to arse creep the judges with the mug prop and gain favour by mentioning some dodgy vendors, should be considered as CHEATING. :bad:

Hey, Duh Vinci Puzzle, I reckon, NO, I DEMAND that you disqualify this pretender!!!!!!

:biggrin::biggrin:

davinci27

Okay, we are a week away from This contest closing, and we have folks hitting their pen limits. To encourage the competative spirit, I've decided you can replace one of your previous entries by posting a new pen to this thread. When it comes time to judge, I will take the last 2 pens posted to the thread and consider those as your entries.

I will warn you, if you end up replacing one of you entries I doubt Jeff will ever let you live it down.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Your blatant efforts to arse creep the judges with the mug prop and gain favour by mentioning some dodgy vendors, should be considered as CHEATING. :bad:

Hey, Duh Vinci Puzzle, I reckon, NO, I DEMAND that you disqualify this pretender!!!!!!
Are you saying he Butch slapped us? I guess its a nice pen if you want a paper clip for a clip, brass that doesn't match the fittings, and an ergonomical nightmare when posted. Hope you have another in the works, although there is a prize for "almost made it to the finals".

And don't worry about Spongy - he may have to be replaced when I slice through his suspenders and he goes scurrying off redfaced.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Bruce, you could use an 'i' or an 'o', both work choose your weapon:rotfl:
Talking about weapons, I still think you have more chance of killing yourself with that suicide sword than slicing Bob's braces.:tongue::biggrin:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
All jokes aside for a minute. I really hope that there will be MANY more entries before closing date. I could think of several names that could EASILY beat ANY of the pens ( and the Sponge ) so far.

The thing I'm enjoying the most is the permission to take the 'p' out of my buddies / cohorts:biggrin: without anyone getting bent out of shape. There are a few other guys that I'd love to insult too, so come on, post a pic!!!
We'll be gentle on you I promise:devil:

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
All jokes aside for a minute. I really hope that there will be MANY more entries before closing date. I could think of several names that could EASILY beat ANY of the pens ( and the Sponge ) so far.

The thing I'm enjoying the most is the permission to take the 'p' out of my buddies / cohorts:biggrin: without anyone getting bent out of shape. There are a few other guys that I'd love to insult too, so come on, post a pic!!!
We'll be gentle on you I promise:devil:
I agree - Guess we need Ed to stir up the troops. Where is he when you need him! Besides, Im running out of insults for the few of us.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Ed has disqualified himself from contests, since he is awarding prizes.

Of course, there is also the fact that he has never made a creative pen in his life and Dawn has been "erotic blanking" all day, so there is nothing worth posting.

But it is nice to see MEN having a good time without being TOLD how to talk with each other!!!

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Ed has disqualified himself from contests, since he is awarding prizes.

Of course, there is also the fact that he has never made a creative pen in his life and Dawn has been "erotic blanking" all day, so there is nothing worth posting.

But it is nice to see MEN having a good time without being TOLD how to talk with each other!!!
Looks like your a winner already what with all the alternate ivory and Dawn's PR being used. How about pounding the pavement for some more entries.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager

PenAffair

OK, so I'm just the newbie Aussie around here, but I guess I have to put something in before I can say too much about the "jobs for the boys" contest.

So here ya go, a plain old Banksia Pod Sierra cast in black PR.

As they say in the movies - Flame On!

Russell.

Attachments

• Banksia1.jpg
    Banksia1.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 288
  • Banksia2.jpg
    Banksia2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 265

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
OK, so I'm just the newbie Aussie around here, but I guess I have to put something in before I can say too much about the "jobs for the boys" contest.

So here ya go, a plain old Banksia Pod Sierra cast in black PR.

As they say in the movies - Flame On!

Russell.
Does that thing write as funny as you guys speak? You should be the one put the flame to that one. Looks more like firewood than a pen, but if your lucky, ole spongy will have wet soaked up enough from his bath to put er out.

thanks for entering:beauty:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks Bruce,

But I owe a large part of my attitude to

Pen Maker!!!

THANKS, MAN!!! YOU "PUMPED" ME up!! When I needed a pumping!

ldb2000

I am dismayed , ney , outraged that you would accuse me , a fine upstanding member of this fine community , of trying to gain the favor of our upstanding judges and wonderful vendors , when all I was doing , as a community service , was trying to inform the membership of where they can get the best products to create fine writing instruments such as the one I posted .
I demand that Skippy be disqualified for saying that the Judges would tarnish their fine reputations by taking any kind of graft . That kind of blatant disrespect can not be tolerated . :mad::tongue::biggrin:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Is someone scratching around in my nuts while I have my seista?????:eek:

Aaaahhh!!!!!! I see we have a new 'victim' and a 'convict' to boot:biggrin:

Russell matey, can I ask you a serious question please?:devil:
While you were practicing with your boomarang, did any of them return and smack you on the noggin? A Sierra???:biggrin:
You'd think that you would have used some of those photography skills and played with some fancy software to at least entered a half decent pic:biggrin:

Whadya reckon fella's?? Think I'm being a bit harsh on this whippersnapper?:biggrin: James, does this kit pen scare you?:wink:

Top Bottom