Chapter Collaboration Contest (3C's)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

markgum

great work to all those who helped with their groups' pen. They are amazing. Just imiagine the pen we all could come up when all of us work together.
Congrats to all.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
What a great experience - down here in So Cal where the sun is shining and some wood is turning.

What a great bunch of pens! It was a privilidge to be part in making of our pen! We were up against some great pieces of work. But then, we sit on the sidelines along with the rest of a fine turn of work!

So Cal will be #1 next year! Haven't heard the last from us.

Great job everyone and congrats to the winners!

Cathy Sue

VisExp

Congratulations to all the entrants and to the winners.

Out of curiousity, how many people worked on each collaboration? I don't meant participation in the "brain storming" but the actually hands on making the pen. I ask, because I love the idea of collaborations, but in this case felt restricted because a pen is so small there seems to be a limit to how many people can work on one pen. I'd love to see how wrong I can be.

The NE Florida's collaboration consisted of five people working on the pen:

Blanks Cast by one member.
Three different members each turned a pen.
Pen box and photographs done by another member.

nava1uni

Congratulations to everyone. The pens are all really nice. I like the one with the ocean, sun, bird. I am never disappointed by the quality of the work that I see here at IAP. It is a learning experience every time I log on and read through the various posts.

Draken

We had about 7 folks work on the Northern Virginia pen. It is an Ebonite pen, hand tapped and threaded with a maki-e style finish with an acrylic floral design. It was the first time many of us had ever hand tapped a blank, turned ebonite, or made a mostly kitless pen, so it was quite a learning experience for us. We ran out of time to have a custom cast metal clip ready before the deadline.

Many thanks to Wolftat, Papaturner, Dario, and all of the other fine, generous folks who have donated prizes for this and other contests here on the IAP.

VisExp

We had about 7 folks work on the Northern Virginia pen. It is an Ebonite pen, hand tapped and threaded with a maki-e style finish with an acrylic floral design. It was the first time many of us had ever hand tapped a blank, turned ebonite, or made a mostly kitless pen, so it was quite a learning experience for us.

Seven people, that's impressive. Also nice to see people working outside of there normal comfort zones and learning new techniques.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
North/Central California had 4 people:

1) provided the kit; 2) provided the wood and helped cut the segments; 3) assembled the blank; 4) turned and finished the blanks; then 3) assembled the pen and did the photography.

GK

Top Bottom