And the BEST PHOTOGRAPHERS ARE....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
The 2009 IAP Photo Challenge has come to an end. Man were there a lot of nice photos! In total, I received 86 photos spread out over 4 categories with 4 disqualifications due to being too small. I code named all the photos and submitted them to my 4 judges for their evaluation. Each photo was assigned points by the judges based on the following criteria...

Composition up to 5 points
Creativity up to 5 points
Visual Impact up to 10 points

Each judge evaluated each photo on its own merits and recorded their scores into a spreadsheet I sent them. I then took the data and combined it to get a total raw score from each judge. These were then ranked from 1 on. I also took each judge's total score and ranked the photos by judge from their top pick down. If there were 15 photos submitted, the judges top pick got 15 points and so on. These scores were then added up for all 4 judges and the photos ranked by that score. This was done to make up for different judging styles. I compared the 2 different scores and they were remarkably the same ranking for each method.

Next, the top 4 or 5 photos were posted on my website with a poll so you guys could vote for your favorite 1 photo out of each category. In this round of voting, I received the following number of votes:

Artistic/Creative Photos - 140
Creative Use of the IAP Logo - 143
Pen Marketing Photos - 138
Shop and Shop Life Photos - 158

The top 3 scores in each of these categories were the winners. Surprising, on this vote, the ranking was the same as the judges ranking with one exception...in one category, there was a tie so I used the raw score from the judges as the tie breaker.

You can view all of the qualified photos in the order they were submitted here: 2009 IAP Photo Challenge Pictures There are no names with them since these are the same pages the judges looked at.

So, without further adieu....I present to you, the winners of the 2009 IAP Photo Challenge!!

Artistic/Creative Photos (click title to see all photos)

3RD Place...Splinterinfinger (36% of the member vote)

A7.jpg

2ND Place...PenAffair (36% of the member vote)

A5.jpg

First Place...UKpenmaker (50% of the member vote)

A16.jpg

Creative Use of the IAP Logo (click title to see all photos)

3RD Place...davinci27 (30% of the member vote)

l6.jpg

2ND Place...UKpenmaker (46% of the member vote)

l9.jpg

FIRST PLACE...philbaldwin (48% of the member vote)

l3.jpg

Pen Marketing Photos (click title to see all photos)

3RD Place...UKpenmaker (26% of the member vote)

M34.jpg

2nd Place...hewunch (40% of the member vote)

M32.jpg

FIRST PLACE...Bananajeep (48% of the member vote)

M21.jpg

Shop/Shop Life Photos (click title to see all photos)

3RD Place...GaryMax (28% of the member vote)

s17.jpg

2ND Place...mrcook4571 (36% of the member vote)

s6.jpg

FIRST PLACE...mrcook4571 (80% of the member vote)

S5.jpg

I would like to thank everyone for their participation. I would also like to especially thank my judges for their kind help. I spoke to the judges and they all agreed it would be fine if I revealed their names if I choose so here they are:

Marcruby
Sylvanite
Gketell
Art Fulldodger

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

UKpenmaker

At last i too have won something:smile-big:, congrats to all the winners and to all who took the time to vote. And not forgetting Curtis and the judges for running the whole thing.

I guess now i will have to step down from the title race for "IAP Biggest Loser Award":giggle:

bananajeep

Wow!!!! I am really excited about first place with my photo for Pen Marketing Photos. Thanks to everyone who voted for me. How exciting. Thanks Curtis for running this contest. I thought all the photos were great. This year's celebration has been really good. Hats off to all the orgianizers, volunteers and participants.

Mike

Pen Maker

Hey I voted for you bananajeep, since you won you need to report to PASS and ID at zero seven hundred on Monday morning PRIVATE bananajeep.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Whatever that thing is Gary, I would like to see what it looks like finished. It looks like it has some beautiful grain to it.

Top Bottom