***Freestyle Prize Winners***

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

davinci27

Here are the winners. The voters awards will be coming in the next day or 2 after I get the list of voters from jeff. Also the winner of the Best Trash Talker will be announced tomorrow.

1st place - Skiprat (bobslayer)

• 2 blanks from the Iberia sunk 1888 (1 stabilized, 1 natural), 2 pc Ipe (1.5x3x6) from the Boardwalk in Atlantic City, and 2 pc (.75x6) of teak from the Andrea Dorea handrail from Ron Schmitt
  • 5 lg SF Nibs, 5 pen stands from DCBluesman
  • 1 Jr Gent Copperhead Set from PR_Princess
2nd Place - VisExp (Unraveled)

• $50.00 Gift Cert. from KJP Select
  • Digital Vernier Caliper from Skippy
Almost Made It - BRobbins629 (sword pen)

• Box of Blanks from Leap
  • Economy Sanding Mill from Rherell
Top Kit Pen - We had a tie for the top kit pen, since I had an extra prize package I would just give each of you a prize. First person to PM me gets their choice of prize.

The winners are Draken and hewunch

Prize Package 1

• Box of Burl from Nolan
  • Ren Wax (Lg container) 046-0700 from Craft Supply USA
Prize Package 2

• Box Bowl Blanks from Kalai
  • Fractional Display Calipers from CSUSA
  • Ren Wax (lg container) from CSUSA
Best Trash Talker - BRobbins629

• Box of Blanks from Woodlvr
  • Economy Sanding Mill from Rherell
Random Voters - There are 2 prize packs, first person to respond get's their choice

Winners - JeffinWIS and AceMrFixIt

Prize Package #1

• Inlay Kits Prize Package from Constant
  • $10.00 Gift Cert to CSUSA from Mudder
  • 1/2 " drill chuck MT2 and bushing set from Johnnycnc
Prize Package #2

• 2 molds - 3/4" and 15/16" one of each from Gadget
  • Pen Ultimate Assy Tools from CSUSA

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
WE NEED ADDRESSES THERE GUYS!!!!

MANY OF YOU I HAVE DONE BEFORE, BUT I AM "FARMING THIS ONE OUT" TO
A VOLUNTEER. SO GET ME YOUR ADDRESSES (include e-mails, please - in case they are needed).

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
attachment.php

To ALL who entered!

(conga-rats, for those who didn't recognize it!)

OKLAHOMAN

I think this contest was the most fun for all involved and all who just watched.
The winners all are to be congratulated along with Ben.
Ben you did one he!! of a job on short notice.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Congrats to all the winners and even the "almost made it"s
It was fun ya'll.

Last edited:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Thanks again Ben for running with it. You did an excellent job.:biggrin:
Thanks to those that voted and a special thanks to my cohorts for the most fun I've had in ages:biggrin:

Keith, I need your address and choice of vendor please. If you haven't chosen one by tomorrow morning, then I'm gonna choose one for you and give them your e-mail address!!! You will have a hard time explaining to your wife why you have a voucher for Toy-r Us :biggrin:

VisExp

Congratulations to all the winners and to all the entries. There were many beautiful pens entered and that is what this is all about. I'm constantly inspired and motivated by the stunning works posted here on the forum. Thanks very much Ben for all your work in running the competition and thanks to all the members who took the time to vote.

Now I need to start planning my entry for next years competition :wink:

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Purchasing a blank isn't going to be enough to get the job done! There's going to be a real storm brewing..I already see the clouds in the distance.
Amen to that. The bar will definitely be higher. I predict that this years top 5 wouldn't make the cut next year. I better sharpen my tongue, er.. I mean skew.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
LOL Jeff. :biggrin: Blank????:confused: Who said anything about a blank???

Now, about that storm a-brewing yonder...........

I'm sure we can rely on you to mop up the rain drops with your sponge:biggrin::biggrin:

I'm sorry, I know the slagging off is finished but I simply couldn't resist:tongue:

davinci27

I've edited the initial post with the best trash talker winners and the random voter winners. Jump up to see if you are one of the lucky ones.

JeffinWIS

You guys are "somethin'"...hehe FUN contest, even for a mostly "lurker" like myself. All around great forum...I am learning , slow but sure. And I won!... :)

Ed, I'd like package #1 if it is available. I have several drill chucks and make my own bushings....so please donate those items to the next contest, or to a member in need...c/o JohnnyCNC. Thanks again to all the membership.

Now to do some blank shopping... :)

PR_Princess

This bash has been a real blast!!

I did vote in the Freestyle contest but never expected to win anything! However, as some of you know, I did help out in this contest when Ben had a personal tragedy. I am also involved in awarding the prizes.

I do not want anything to reflect poorly on this bash or on the bash crew who have given hundreds of hours to make this event so enjoyable. And while my name was selected purely by chance, I just want to say that I've had a blast, and that is reward enough. So let the next man win.

But look out next year!! I wanna be eligible!!:biggrin::tongue:

Draken

Thanks for the great contest everyone, the entries were all fantastic and I feel honored to have placed among such great and creative entries. I'd also like to thank the judges, davinci27 for organizing it, and all the fine folks and companies that have donated prized to support the IAP.

Top Bottom