Two suggestions - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > Site Help, Tips, How-To > Suggestion Box
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Suggestion Box Have a suggestion for the forum or Web site? Let us know here.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2015, 12:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 1

Default Two suggestions

Been thinking of a couple of things on my wish list for this forum.

1. I wish that the menu that at the bottom of the page, under the last post in a thread, there was the ability to either click "New Posts" or "Home" Some threads get so long that it is a bit of a pain scrolling back to the top of the page. I know that at the very bottom of the page you can click on a home button, but usually the last thread doesn't get me to the bottom of the page, and I especially would like to be able to click on "New Posts" when done with a thread.

2. This may already be possible, but I haven't been able to find it. I think it would be nice to be able to easily find posts by those we have befriended. I suppose that those who have tons of friends might find it annoying, but if you could at least check people whose posts you want to read that IMHO would be nice.

Just a couple of ideas. I love the IAP and visit almost daily.

"He (Jesus) must increase, I must decrease." John 3:30
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-11-2015, 02:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 7

The second one is rather easy, as long as they don't have a TON of posts or you aren't checking their post history that far back ...

Click on your own nickname to get into your command post. On the right hand side, you see a listing of your friends. Click their name to bring up their profile.

At the upper top left area of the page that comes up, open the "Statistics" tab, and in there you will see several links. One of them says "Find all threads started by xxxx", and the one right above it says "Find all posts by xxxx".

Using this, you can keep on top of your friends' questions and updates.

As for the first thing .... it's easy enough to do for yourself, I suppose. Click on the link that takes you to the "view new posts" page, and bookmark that page ... then drag your bookmark out onto your browser's toolbar to save the page link. Now you can click to see new posts from anywhere ... even another site, and it will bring you here.

Attendance is not mandatory, unless you're addicted to turning pens.

Last edited by Skie_M; 10-11-2015 at 02:34 AM.
Skie_M is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-11-2015, 10:11 AM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 0

What about clicking on the little red arrow by the like button?

That takes you right back to the top of that page.

"Don't go riding on that long black train."
stonepecker is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2015, 12:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Photos: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMJ1957 View Post
Been thinking of a couple of things on my wish list for this forum.

1. I wish that the menu that at the bottom of the page, under the last post in a thread, there was the ability to either click "New Posts" or "Home" Some threads get so long that it is a bit of a pain scrolling back to the top of the page. I know that at the very bottom of the page you can click on a home button, but usually the last thread doesn't get me to the bottom of the page, and I especially would like to be able to click on "New Posts" when done with a thread.

2. This may already be possible, but I haven't been able to find it. I think it would be nice to be able to easily find posts by those we have befriended. I suppose that those who have tons of friends might find it annoying, but if you could at least check people whose posts you want to read that IMHO would be nice.

Just a couple of ideas. I love the IAP and visit almost daily.
For #1, Wayne made the best suggestion. The red arrow takes you back to the top of the page.

For #2, unfortunately, there isn't any built in feature to do that.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

Photos: 1

Thanks! I got two good suggestions to do what I wanted. I never knew what the red arrow did!

"He (Jesus) must increase, I must decrease." John 3:30
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads