This site ruined my day - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > Site Help, Tips, How-To > Suggestion Box
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Suggestion Box Have a suggestion for the forum or Web site? Let us know here.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2015, 08:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Default This site ruined my day

When I joined this forum I joined to seek out information/knowledge of making pens.
Today I went to just two of the New Posts and they both turned into a few 'children' condemning one another, being sassy, argumentive and downright rude to others.

At home I have a couple sayings for my wife:
If you can't say something positive - shut your fraking mouth.
If you can't give good criticism - shut your fraking mouth.

Added for this forum for today:
If you give options on where to find something at a better price, but don't give the site and won't upon request - shut your fraking mouth.
(sorry for the fraking - I'm pissed).

I am sick and tired of a few grown up children who can do nothing but be rude.
Yes the majority of you are great and I've gotten great information and help and I thank you for it.
But come on you 'few' people - grow up - a forum is to help on another.
So please wake up on the right side of the bed, or keep your mouth shut (in printed form that is).
Haven't decided yet, but am seriously thinking of quitting this site after today. I don't need more negative in my life.
alaskagypsy is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 05-24-2015, 09:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

I guess I've been frowned upon too. Man o Man. Just lurk. Wait and see how you someone get shredded for trying to keep a secret by the same few. Like I said just lurk.
showcaser is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 05-24-2015, 10:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 1

This site is without a doubt one of the best places to learn new skills, make friends, get new ideas and trade "secrets". This is also a great source for quality products at fair prices from people that can always be trusted. When I first came here, I couldn't spell PEN, now after a bunch of years I can actually make one!

Stick around......99.99999% of the folks here are great...it's always fun once the "children" go down for their nap. Don't let their crankiness ruin your day.
Cheers~
Bob
bobleibo is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 05-24-2015, 10:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Local Chapter Manager

Photos: 27

You have to die to get to heaven. Definitely a "barrier to entry".

Here, you will have great times AND learn when to avoid a thread. In today's "internet dependent" society, a valuable skill. Best news, you only have to avoid a small percentage---the rest are very interesting, friendly and helpful.

Nope, ain't heaven, but it is as good as you make it!!
ed4copies is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 05-25-2015, 05:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

You can't un-see what you have read! I too was disappointed in one thread that seemed to go around and that is why I posted in the "show off your pen" forum the statement: "Thank goodness for moderators"! LOL
Phillip Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 05-25-2015, 06:38 AM   #6 (permalink)

Photos: 1

The best response to those comments is no response - the fire goes out if you quit putting wood on it!
Most folks (vast majority) on IAP are helpful and considerate so don't let a couple of rude ones ruin your experience.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:09 AM   #7 (permalink)

Photos: 73

Yea you just joined, So you saw a little scuff up so what. There is not a site on the net that does not have a few scuffles. Stick around and make it a better place, lets see what you got. Every aspect of life is going to have negativity and if you are running from it then you will be running for the rest of your life. What you do with it will make you a stronger person. Lets move on. No big deal. Want to learn about pen making this is the site so lets get back to it. Good luck in your venture into the world of pen turning.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:01 AM   #8 (permalink)

Photos: 161

My daughters are always getting worked up over other peoples' actions, I always tell them you cannot control other people and that you can only control how you react to them. I try to apply that philsophy here and just shake my head at the negative stuff and move on to the good stuff.
Cwalker935 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 05-25-2015, 08:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Administrator

Photos: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskagypsy View Post
When I joined this forum I joined to seek out information/knowledge of making pens.
Today I went to just two of the New Posts and they both turned into a few 'children' condemning one another, being sassy, argumentive and downright rude to others.

At home I have a couple sayings for my wife:
If you can't say something positive - shut your fraking mouth.
If you can't give good criticism - shut your fraking mouth.

Added for this forum for today:
If you give options on where to find something at a better price, but don't give the site and won't upon request - shut your fraking mouth.
(sorry for the fraking - I'm pissed).

I am sick and tired of a few grown up children who can do nothing but be rude.
Yes the majority of you are great and I've gotten great information and help and I thank you for it.
But come on you 'few' people - grow up - a forum is to help on another.
So please wake up on the right side of the bed, or keep your mouth shut (in printed form that is).
Haven't decided yet, but am seriously thinking of quitting this site after today. I don't need more negative in my life.
The moderators can't read every single post. The yellow triangle next to every post is there for reporting of posts which you feel need attention because they violate a policy or are otherwise inappropriate. I don't see a post report from you, ever. Give that a try the next time you see things that upset you and we'll have a look.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:46 AM   #10 (permalink)

Yep know what you mean about ruined days ... had a few of them a few years back in the 60's ... when I woke up I looked to see if all my body parts were still attached.

Since then it takes a lot to qualify as a bad day.
Something someone posts on a forum dont even make the radar.
Guess it is all in your perspective as to what a bad day really is.