responses within a thread

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Would it be possible to indicate in a thread response a reply to comment made by a poster other than the originator?
Not all replied are made to the original poster and it gets difficult reading between the lines who the other replies are aimed at.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred in NC

Eagle, of course it is a good idea. If you look at my posts, a lot of them start with the name of the poster I am answering to.
This is especially important as a thread gets longer.

G

Fred NC
I also do that but I was wondering if it could be set up automatically in the event"we" forget.
I wareading a post about "click" pens and trying to figure out where the replies were aimed.

In some forums I go to,you can make a general reply to the original poster or click on a reply and the answer indicates the post you made to whom you were replying.
(WHEW!)

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
If you use the "Reply with quote" icon, the one that looks like a document with an arrow, it will include the original post and poster with your response. You can also delete part of the original post such that you only show the portion you are responding to.
Originally posted by Eaglesc
<br />Fred NC
I also do that but I was wondering if it could be set up automatically in the event"we" forget.
I wareading a post about "click" pens and trying to figure out where the replies were aimed.

In some forums I go to,you can make a general reply to the original poster or click on a reply and the answer indicates the post you made to whom you were replying.
(WHEW!)

G

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />If you use the "Reply with quote" icon, the one that looks like a document with an arrow, it will include the original post and poster with your response. You can also delete part of the original post such that you only show the portion you are responding to.
<br />Fred NC

(WHEW!)
In most forums multiple quotes are frowned upon

can you imagine what a thread whould look like with a half a dozen people replying to different posters?

G

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />If you use the "Reply with quote" icon, the one that looks like a document with an arrow, it will include the original post and poster with your response. You can also delete part of the original post such that you only show the portion you are responding to.
<br />Fred NC

(WHEW!)
Eventually it wuld look a little like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom