responses within a thread - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > Site Help, Tips, How-To > Suggestion Box
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Suggestion Box Have a suggestion for the forum or Web site? Let us know here.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2004, 11:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

Photos:

Default responses within a thread

Would it be possible to indicate in a thread response a reply to comment made by a poster other than the originator?
Not all replied are made to the original poster and it gets difficult reading between the lines who the other replies are aimed at.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Eagle, of course it is a good idea. If you look at my posts, a lot of them start with the name of the poster I am answering to.
This is especially important as a thread gets longer.

Old 12-15-2004, 01:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 71

Great reminder Eagle. Big difference between written and oral conversation is who's talking to who.
tipusnr is offline   Top
Advertisement
Old 12-15-2004, 05:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

Photos:

Fred NC
I also do that but I was wondering if it could be set up automatically in the event"we" forget.
I wareading a post about "click" pens and trying to figure out where the replies were aimed.

In some forums I go to,you can make a general reply to the original poster or click on a reply and the answer indicates the post you made to whom you were replying.
(WHEW!)
Old 12-15-2004, 06:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

Photos: 45

If you use the "Reply with quote" icon, the one that looks like a document with an arrow, it will include the original post and poster with your response. You can also delete part of the original post such that you only show the portion you are responding to.
Quote:
Originally posted by Eaglesc
<br />Fred NC
I also do that but I was wondering if it could be set up automatically in the event"we" forget.
I wareading a post about "click" pens and trying to figure out where the replies were aimed.

In some forums I go to,you can make a general reply to the original poster or click on a reply and the answer indicates the post you made to whom you were replying.
(WHEW!)
Old 12-16-2004, 10:38 AM   #6 (permalink)

Photos:

Quote:
Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />If you use the "Reply with quote" icon, the one that looks like a document with an arrow, it will include the original post and poster with your response. You can also delete part of the original post such that you only show the portion you are responding to.
Quote:
<br />Fred NC

(WHEW!)
In most forums multiple quotes are frowned upon

can you imagine what a thread whould look like with a half a dozen people replying to different posters?
Old 12-16-2004, 10:40 AM   #7 (permalink)

Photos:

Quote:
Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />If you use the "Reply with quote" icon, the one that looks like a document with an arrow, it will include the original post and poster with your response. You can also delete part of the original post such that you only show the portion you are responding to.
Quote:
<br />Fred NC

(WHEW!)
Eventually it wuld look a little like this
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads
Closed Thread