Been a while since.........

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Count me in. With only a couple of glitches, it really was loads of fun and we saw some absolutely beautiful pens exchanged. I remember getting one of Jim Lambert's inlay pens and love it as much today as I did then. Come on, folks, let's have some fun!

its_virgil

I'm in
Thanks!
Don (Ward)
Originally posted by Mudder
<br />It's been a while since we had a pen in the hat exchange. What say ye folks, last year it was a bunch of fun for those who participated. Any interest in carrying on that tradition?

M

Mudder

Okay,

I asked Jeff If he would allow me to run it and he gave me the go ahead so WE ARE ON!

Lets keep the thread going until the 31st of January and then I'll put all the names in a hat and pull who will make a pen for who and post them. From there, how long do you think we will need to make the pens? I think that by the end of february we should pretty much have this all wrapped up and be enjoying the pens that we have received.

Please email me at this address and I'll post who is in.

Note: My asking for you to email me is so that I can sent everyone an email with who they have been matched with and so that you can contact each other for addresses. please include your forum name & your real name. I will not use your email address for any purpose but this exchange and you email addredd will be deltedt from my records once the exchange is over.

Thank you;

Scott Hettel
A.K.A. Mudder

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Mudder, I strongly suggest that you 1) keep to the January 31 cutoff, and 2) make sure everyone commits to send their pen with 4 weeks. We had a few stragglers last year that "took the edge off" of this for a few participants.

dpstudios

For those of us that are newbies here, could you please go over what you are talking about? I think I get the gist of, but for clarifications sake I would like to hear just what it is. Whatever it is though does sound like fun
DAN

M

Mudder

Originally posted by eddiek9
<br />For those of us that are newbies here, could you please go over what you are talking about? I think I get the gist of, but for clarifications sake I would like to hear just what it is. Whatever it is though does sound like fun
DAN

you can read more here: http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12045

This is open to any member of the IAP. The way it works is like this. Click on the link and send me the email and I'll post who is in the exchange. After January 31st I will take the names of all who are in and begin matching them. I will send emails and post on the site who is matched with who. Your responsibility will be to make a pen to give, contact the person who you were matched with for their address, and mail them a pen. If all works as planed everyone who participates will give and receive a pen

woodmanplus

This sounds like fun.
Count me in.....
I am not as good as some of the folks I have seen in here,but I sold 15 sets for Xmas.
We have a new shop in the area and I have some of my pens and clocks there. It is a crafts only shop. It has to be hand made and they prefer local crafters. The owner is a crafter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom