Uneven spacing on Guilloche pattern

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bob Hewson

I am new to the PW, and have been trying out various operations and settings.

I have done several spirals and now a 6 pattern guilloche with the fast and slow frequency setup.

Using a 6 pass slow frequency setup I see that as I complete a series of cuts the last one is not the same distance apart as the other five were. Its as if something has slipped around the 6 cuts. If everything is correct, and I was to continue and make a 7th pass it should fall into my 1st cut but doesn't.

I have checked for slop and variations and am unable to see a reason for this.

Any of you experienced "wizards" have a solution and or explanation?

Bob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Nick

I find the same thing, blank slipping, I use a larger spacer on each end of the blank that is being formed. That way uou can get it tighter. Test the firmness be trying to rotate it with your fingers. This is only my opinion, there may be other ways

Bob Hewson

Thanks,

I thought everything was tight, but perhaps not. I have been using the the square flat ended cutter 1/16".

How important is the location of the cutter i.e. should it be at the 12 o'clock position or can it be off a few degrees?

How deep a cut should one make for infilling with glitter/ca? I have been going about 1/16".

Appreciate the input and concur with Ed's comment that is part of his signature "Failure is just one small step while exploring the path to success".

Bob

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Bob,

I haven't noticed a difference with the position of the cutter.

I use a slightly pointed bit and turn the handle pretty slowly to allow it to cut - I also cut pretty deep, cause I fill, then turn again to my finished size.

Your way CAN be different from MY way and we can both be SUCCESSFUL - good luck!!

Top Bottom