three new pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jrbeall

I just finished these three pens using the Pen Wizard. They were all done with the small engraving bit shown but any pointed bit will work. The darker, Macasar ebony used 24 passes, left and right. The other two used 12 passes left and right. They probably took about 15 min each. The gear box was set up for 12-60 and 22-50. The lemonwood pen is filled with epoxy and ebony dust with just a little silver glitter thrown in. They all have one coat of Danish oil and then buffed.

Attachments

• 3 checkered pens.jpg
    3 checkered pens.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,838
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Borg_B_Borg

I really like the center pen.

I can't help but point out the irony that the message on the Pen Wizard page on the Beall website states:

"We expect that you will investigate, refine and expand its possibilities and share your findings with the world. "

The Pen Wizard has been available for half a year with many owners, but thus far the only person who has consistently lived up to JR's expectation of investigating, refining, and expanding the PW's possibilities has been JR himself.

Steve

PenTurnerJohn

I just finished these three pens using the Pen Wizard. They were all done with the small engraving bit shown but any pointed bit will work. The darker, Macasar ebony used 24 passes, left and right. The other two used 12 passes left and right. They probably took about 15 min each. The gear box was set up for 12-60 and 22-50. The lemonwood pen is filled with epoxy and ebony dust with just a little silver glitter thrown in. They all have one coat of Danish oil and then buffed.
JR, another great effort by the inventor/creator himself! Thanks for sharing these ideas with us.

Can you give us a chart showing which gears to change for these pens you've just completed?

Thanks,

mickeyj2

Just got my Pen Wizard and am trying to find the indexing wheel chart mentioned in one of the posts. The link in the post (Smithart.us) no longer works. Does anyone know of another site where you can print the chart from?

Top Bottom