Some more mods.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KBs Pensnmore

Some more mods, this time not for pen use but for making tractor (the kind that pull ploughs) wheels.
The gear arrangement on the top left side are 12 and 60 teeth gear joined together, drilled, fitted with a slimline tube to act as a bush
DSCF0018.JPG
Placing the end plate round the wrong way, made me mark the top so that it went on the right way round, also note the holes drilled for the Allen keys
DSCF0017.JPG
Set up with a Makita Laminate trimmer, I found the Dremel too small to do this job, unless I went over it 6 times, which took toooo long.
DSCF0019.JPG
A close up of the tread cutting
DSCF0019a.jpg
My home made wheel cutter, the blades can be replaced with different shapes and sizes, up to 90 mm or 3.5"
DSCF0023.JPG

All the gears and std components were supplied by JR Beall and modified by me. For more info send me a PM. Comments and criticism welcome
Regards and Enjoy
Kryn

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KBs Pensnmore

Showing extra gearing
DSCF0017.JPG
Extra 12 and 60 t on left top shaft
DSCF0018.JPG
Laminate trimmer cutting tractor tread
DSCF0019.JPG
Showing wheel cutter
DSCF0023.JPG
Close up of wheel cutter, this is my own invention, the cutting edge is replaceable, for different types of wheels, up to 31/2"
DSCF0024.JPG
Now just have to learn how to take pics with out being pix-elated :frown:
Will post more details of trimmer mounting blocks etc tomorrow. For details of Mods send me a PM and I'll put them here.
Kryn

Last edited:

dogcatcher

I like the wheel cutter, a friend made me one years ago to use on the drill press. Since then I have made a couple of my own. One of those I have to do this moments that worked out.

Top Bottom