PW Depth Stop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Henry

I have not been real active following on this thread and saw in a Beall Catalog that their is a new depth stop available to fit the older machines. What are the experiences evrey one is having with the new stop?? My is one of the early machines.

Dan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KBs Pensnmore

Hi Dan,
I have a late model PW and I find that the depth stop works great, as it allows the cutting bit to follow the shape, giving a reasonable constant depth, provided that it is not to severe as it is about 5/16" wide. I have made a larger one to allow for a wider cutter for some of the strange things I do with my PW.
Regards
Kryn

Benjaminhurmx

Guide

I just bought one and have not used the guide and was wondering how to get the same depth though out the pen blank and the guide should do the job. didnt think about that. Thanks

Hexhead

I don't want to be the stick in the mud, but my adjustment screw is to loose already. I was going to wrap a little thread around it, but anyone else has a suggestion on game.

KBs Pensnmore

I don't want to be the stick in the mud, but my adjustment screw is to loose already. I was going to wrap a little thread around it, but anyone else has a suggestion on game.

Are you talking about the adjustment screw on the depth follower?
This is meant only for fine tuning the depth of the cut, try replacing it with a slightly larger screw.
The other depth adjustment, is on the main carrier and should have a spring on it. It shouldn't be loose, if it is real loose, try to screw in a "screw-in insert nut" (basically a round piece of metal with a thread on the inside to suit the bolt/metal thread, and the outside like a wood screw. Be careful not to break the plexi, or file off the majority of outer thread and CA it in!:biggrin:
Kryn

Hexhead

Yes that's what I'm talking about the adjustment screw on the follower. The screw on the main adjuster has loosened slightly. Mine didn't come with a spring on it, but I just installed one. I only use the follower if the pen blank is irregular or has a taper, I can see what's happening easier with it off, and I can reach down and turn the main screw ever so slightly from micro adjustment. I wrap some threat around the follower screw and it tightened it up.

Top Bottom