Perpex backing Plate for the Index Plate

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

I made a 120mm round disk in black perspex using glued in Map Pins as guides for indexing spaces on my Pen Wizard. Choose your own combination.

The need for this is a paper template dissapears in front of the indexing wheel and is worn by rubbing from the indicator arm attached to the mandrel.

Radial lines at each indice intersected by three circular lines around the outside of the indexing plate holes of 1/32 drilled almost through so as to prevent CA dribble. The top of each hole countersunk to provide a true seat for the cut map pin. Then the pins are dually held by the pin bit and the beads in colours to suit. At each staggered start two pins one on the top circle above the other denote start and finish of each chosen spacing.

In the pic shown 2, 3, and 4 spaces. This is one of a few ways I have personalised my machine, nearly finished.

Peter

Attachments

• DSCF0006.jpg
    DSCF0006.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 488
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

YoYoSpin

Peter,

Great idea - that'll certainly save some time in not having to count off the index holes. And more importantly, it'll help avoid miscounts. I'm sad to say that I've screwed up more than one pen blank on the Wiz by miscounting the index holes - well done.

ldubia

I was hoping someone would address this as I have ruined a couple of pens already and I have made just TWO pens! This machine has a steep learning curve but I refuse to let it get the better of me (much more). I am wondering though if anyone has had problems with the indexing holes not being drilled in the right place? Mine seem to give unusual results even when I count the holes correctly. The spacing seems to be tad off. Might be me but I am looking at all considerations here.

Larry

Top Bottom