Pen Wiz for sale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hess

I have a new pen wiz with 2 bits for sale. I got it about in Aug and back then made !/2 a sl pen with it.

Just dont have the time to get into it too many other toys paid arounf 375 with the bits this is the new design would like to get 300 out of it is Neg to a point.

Im one who will let thing rot then give it away but something fair will work.

May even trade for blanks and kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

low_48

Ray, just saw your ad. Would you still consider a trade for blanks? I have thousands of domestics. Lots and lots of burls. Let me know if you are interested in a swap. Will the wizard include the Dremel? Thanks, Rich

wilbpenturner

Is the Pen Wizard a good machine to create something different than a round pen that all of us can turn? I'm trying to be creative and possibly stimulate some sales with a different design/twist. Any coments/ direction would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Stan H
wilbpenturner@aol.com

Bob Hewson

I've modified mine a bit and now able to do wooden tractor wheels on it up to about 90mm 3.5"
Kryn

Hi Kryn,

I have a PW too and am looking for other uses than on pens ie. pendants etc.

What do you do with tractor wheels? Can you tell us how you modified your PW?

Bob

Last edited:

KBs Pensnmore

Pen Wizard Mods for Tractor Wheels

Hi Bob,
The Tractor Wheels are for a machine that pulls ploughs etc not road tractor pulling trailers as in semi's
The Tractor Wheels are sold/traded to a mate of mine over at Pt Vincent, SA by the name of Roger Jenkins who is one of Australia's top 3 toy makers. To get it down slow enough, I made up a compound gear of 60X12 bored out to rotate on the shaft in about the final drive. The ratio is about 140-1 giving about 45 degree cut in about half the width of 11/4 wide wheels. It takes some time as the Dremel isn't strong or heavy enough to do the cuts in one go, so about 4 passes are required to get just one tread done. I'm hoping to make a heavier version of the PW with a 1/4" laminate trimmer as the power and weight would be sufficient to do them in one pass. Will try to put on some photo's of the mods later, have also fitted a 3/8" chuck to the PW to hold lace making bobbins. The mods are listed in this forum titled less twist or spirals.
Contact me for more details if required.
Regards
Kryn

Last edited:

KBs Pensnmore

Hi Bob,
The references are under the Beall Pen Wizard Forum 3rd and 4th listing down titled "Less Twist or Spiral" and " Reduction gearing on Beall".
I've also been able to mount a laminate trimmer onto the Wizard to handle the larger cutters.
If you have any problems contact me on here or by PM.
Regards
Kryn

Top Bottom