O ring problem solved

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KBs Pensnmore

Finally solved the problem of the "O" rings, I threw them out:biggrin:, and replaced them with "E" clips, from our local bearing supply shop (cost about 10c each):frown:. They went on, with no mods to the shaft. That stopped them from coming out. To stop them going in, I made a plate from 2 pces of 2mm (3/32) perspex (clearsheet) both with a 6.25mm(1/4) hole, the other enlarge to14mm (9/16) hole at the required centers and glued them together with CA.
Then drilled and countersunk a small hole in the centre of the plate, lined it up over the 2 shafts, drilled and tapped about 4mm (3/16). Dismantling of the Index wheel is required to gain access to drill and tap the mounting plate hole.
If anyone has problems following this, please contact me? Will try to down load photos soon, if I can work out how to do it!!!!

Yours in Wizardry
Kryn

Last edited:

KBs Pensnmore

"O" Rings

The problem I had and a few others, according to the forum was that the "O" rings came off, when you either took off a gear or put a gear on sliding the shaft into the index plate. Some of the gears are very tight on the shaft, I've tried all sorts of things to free them up apart from filing the holes out. Kryn

Top Bottom