Foredom?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Bryguy

HF Unit

I've been using the HF unit with my Beal pen Wizard and have been very happy with it. Great for the price!

RobS

Thanks guys, based on your comments, sounds like 1/4 HP or better and the foredom handpiece with either the HF or Foredom motor.

Gregf

Just comment on Foredom, they are are made in the U.S. And are arguably the best flex shaft. I have one that came from my father's optometrist office that is over 60 years old and still works. I also have a recent model for regular use. You aren't likely to need it but they have excellent customer service.

dogcatcher

I would also recommend buying either a desk top speed controller or a good router speed controller so that you can maintain a constant speed. The foot controllers for this type of use are a royal pain.

its_virgil

The Foredom is by far the best one for these tool types. I just couldn't see paying the price for making pens with my pen wizard two or three times a year. I think i made 20 or so pens with it last year..
Just saying.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

magpens

This is an interesting thread. . Good to learn about the cheaper, and adequate units.

RobS

Haha. Lots of great tips. I think I'm going to use the dremel on hand for a while and see how it goes. Given I have been sitting on the PW for 13mo and am barely getting to it. Sad I know. Too many projects and not enough time. I will say the foredom handpiece and harbor freight motor sounds like a great compromise. Thanks for the help gents. Hope to post a pen wizard pen soon.

Top Bottom